Notification Center

This is our new notification center. Inside, you will find updates on the most important things happening right now.

Notifications

Hmm, push notifications seem to be disabled in your browser. You can enable them from the 'Settings' icon in the URL bar of your browser.

www.phonearena.com

Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max User Reviews Back

9.1
8.9
9.1
8.9

sechinov posted on Oct 09, 2021, 5:32 PM
Posts: 34; Member since: Sep 30, 2014

Few advantages for this money

sechinov has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The "wow" effect is already a rarity for the iPhone. Overrated by at least 30%. Charging speed over the network and using wireless charging is just sadness and sadness. The quality of the contrast, the brightness of the display is not bad, but at low brightness levels, the defects inherent in the AMOLED display of low quality are visible. Work true Tone it is just disgusting 90% of cases the white balance is incorrect and this is on 3 phones in the family. Accessories are more expensive than the originals and the quality is not better. In Russian, there is no continuous text input.Limiting a child's screen time through a restriction service almost never works correctly.
very poor build quality on half of the phones that I met there are gaps between the frame and the display where dust gets clogged.
For some reason, the speed of the Internet is always lower than on similar android smartphones.

wickedwilly posted on Feb 18, 2021, 8:31 PM
Posts: 1424; Member since: Sep 19, 2018

Outdated and Overpriced, only for ardent Apple enthusiasts who only consider iPhones.

wickedwilly has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The 12 series was really disappointing, it is not a bad phone overall, but for a flagship and at the current price level is just not worth it, in many areas it is bettered by mid-range phones. The design is outdated, the notch an unnecessary eyesore and it lacks a usable biometric in Covid times. IOS desperately needs improving especially in customization, it too is outdated. IOS updated need to bring features before the competition not years later and Apple needs to improve the quality of the updates. Score is lower because this is supposed to be a flagship, class-leading phone, yet has a flagship price.

Had problems with both bluetooth and below par wifi. Consistently had fewer bars then the S21 Ultra I tested at the same time.
Sorry but for the price with the huge notch and mid range screen it is poor
Again for the price I expect class leading, but in everyday use it seems slower than other phones I have used. A combination of low refresh rate, IOS not being optimised for the large screen and lack of customisation was never made up by the fast processor.
I could not live with this phone, looking at the notch spoils the experience. The edges cut into the hand and it is too wide and heavy. The frame gets scratched to easily, which spoils further the look of the phone. IOS is still frustrating to use, not optimised for the large screen, still lacks essential customisation options and the lack of a decent bio-metric in Covid times is unexcusable. IOS is buggy and updates unreleiable.
Apples keyboard have been inferior for a long time nothing changed this year,
A huge unnecessary notch just spoils what is quite a good screen.
Good battery life under easy and moderate use, but still lacking under heavy use. Poor fast charging, no reverse wireless charging and lack of charger or benefits to cover it make it worse. Life expectancy and maintenance of charge not high based on previous iPhones

Pros

• Works well with other Apple products

Cons

• The advantage of working well with Apple products is the opposite when used with the majority of products, most of which are not Apple
  • Too many for a phone of the price

baldilocks posted on Nov 17, 2020, 12:26 PM
Posts: 1827; Member since: Dec 14, 2008

iPhone just keeps getting better - and bigger!

baldilocks has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

So far I am loving the extra smooth speed of this phone in combination with it's slightly larger screen. As for the battery life? I seem to be getting just as good as if not better than I did on the 11 Pro Max. Not really a fan of the boxy corners as it is not as comfortable to hold without a case, but a case DOES solve that problem.

The camera takes STUNNING photos and video.

Pros

• Camera takes stunning photos and movies.
  • Screen Size is perfect.
  • Screen HDR+
  • Snappiness of the interface and the smooth scrolling - even with 60Hz.
  • Battery Life on part if not better than iPhone 11 Pro Max.
  • Apple's Support

Cons

• Squared off Corners aren't as comfortable to hold as previous large models.

VoiceOfLogicAndReasoning posted on Sep 21, 2021, 2:29 PM
Posts: 3; Member since: Sep 20, 2021

Outstanding device

VoiceOfLogicAndReasoning has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I upgraded from an iPhone 8 randomly one day. I don’t care much for mobile phones, or telephones in general. My primary device is an iPad Pro, the 13” one as I use it for work and for fun. I’m semi retired having developed simulation engines in my past. Now I create and sell art I make from my iPad. I also adore my Apple Watch. Nothing else like it on the market!

But that’s the thing. There’s nothing like apple devices.

Other manufacturers seem to use an operating system that is just, from my experience toying around with many of them, clunky, and dangerous in its amount of user tracking and data selling. I’ve noticed that Apple are dead against that behaviour.

I know how the system works: take televisions as an example. These days you can buy massive TVs with (claimed) high end features like HDR and 4K for cheap. They’re ridiculously cheap infact. I once questioned this and researched it. I discovered that these TVs are harvesting SO MUCH information from their users. It’s disgraceful. Verging on unethical in my opinion. One has a right to privacy. That’s happening to mobile phones too. You have to pay more to escape the clutches of data harvesting as the company has to make money somehow. Either they get subsidies from data harvesting, as dark shady networks build detailed profiles of YOU, your search history is even included. Your contacts, your bank information, your buying history and locations. Shady profiles that mirror you that are bought and sold like immortal cattle....

Because the materials are flawless. Stainless steel?! Ceramic glass?! Just amazing materials. Puts all my older phones with their aluminium, plastic (yuck) to shame.
Because it works
Never had a problem with it - technically that makes it perfect 10 right?
Never had a problem with it - technically that makes it perfect 10 right?
Apple Music and AirPods Max: spatial, lossless music is just incredible. Photos app is out of this world in terms of functionality. Holds my 30,000/20 year old photo library flawlessly.
Quality of pictures blew my mind. Didn’t expect them to be this good. Plus ultra wide angle and 5x optical zoom camera? Sign me the heck up.
Again never felt a slowdown on it even with my cumbersome 1tb of iCloud files, 30k photo library, 30k song library. It’s supposed to be slow with such epic libraries yet it’s not.
I don’t use phones that much. But I like using this one. I just like looking at its incredible Samsung made display.
Oh god I hate writing on a phone. This should be 10 as the features are great. Ability to make the keyboard small and to one side for one handed input- COOL. And there’s more. But I find myself having to delete words and try again more often than not. I wrote this whole review on my iPad and it didn’t have those problems.
Amazing screen by Samsung I believe. Again it’s flawless. So how can it be anything under 10?
It’s supposed to be low yet I end each day with it at 80%. As I say I don’t use my phone that much.

Pros

• Best phone I’ve ever used
  • Incredible materials - nothing else compares with cheap plastic and softer metals
  • What a display!!! By Samsung I believe? Them, and Sony for TVs, make the best displays.

Cons

• I wish there were more MagSafe accessories. So much potential in those smart magnets.

Kallisto posted on Feb 11, 2021, 8:38 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Feb 11, 2021

My second and last iPhone

Kallisto has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This is my second iPhone. Previously, once upon a time I used 4c, then there was a purely android experience. Now I bought 12 Pro Max and in general I am disappointed, both with the smartphone itself and iOS in particular. Absolutely on all counts, weaker than other android flagships. I sold and took Mate 40 pro, I'm happy.

Pros

• Best for ios ̶s̶l̶a̶v̶e̶s̶ ̶users

Cons

• there is not a single unique feature that would be better or at least on a par with the agdroid flagships, iOS

Kallisto alternatives:

mikoch posted on Jan 16, 2021, 11:49 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jan 16, 2021

Perfect

mikoch has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Never had a better mobile. Fast, easy and looks
perfect. Have had All iPhones. Htc and Many Samsung. Pro Max is solid firm and easy to use
Best experience. Just the look and build is nice.

12 pro Max was expected at least a year and i am very impressed. Oh yes i have All om Apple but This Big one hit the Bell

Works every time
Stand-by a Night is 5 Percent

Pros

• Quality All over

mikoch alternatives:

RodneyMC posted on Nov 20, 2020, 5:59 PM
Posts: 1; Member since: Oct 22, 2019

The Best iPhone that I’ve Owned Thus Far

RodneyMC has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have a lot of cellphones. I LOVE technology. This is by far a very good phone maybe the best that’s out right now. I’ve heard people complain about the 120mhz refresh rate. Honestly I can do without it personally. I have it on a few of my devices and it’s a battery drainer. This phone has a very good GPU, CPU. I do most of my office work from this phone scanning documents from the notes app and all. The new customization from Apple is amazing also. Very good phone I must admit. All in All it’s up to the consumer/ buyer. All phones have good features and not so good features. This is a well built all around device including the build quality and the materials used for it. Way to GO APPLE!!!!

Pros

• Very good Screen/ Better than the 11 Pro Max
  • Camera is superb
  • Internet is like lightning (A14) Bionic
  • Good Battery Life
  • Great Form Factor
  • Video is AMAZING.

RodneyMC alternatives: