Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ transforms into a torch as the unit catches on fire
While the phone was just sitting on the bed, the device owner suddenly heard a sizzling sound and smelled some "nasty fumes." As we hinted at, the charger that came out of the box was not the one being used to charge the phone at the time it caught fire. Instead, a charger for the Samsung Galaxy S III was used.
According to the Repair Center in Pembroke Pines Florida, the use of the Galaxy S III charger could not have caused the fire. Possibilities include a faulty battery or a problem with the phone that was caused by damage done to the handset.
Check out some images of the phone following the fire, by clicking on the slideshow below.
Thanks for the tip!
source: Reddit, Imgur via TechnoBuffalo