Samsung Galaxy Note 3 gets its Android 4.4 KitKat update at AT&T
Launched by AT&T last year, the Galaxy Note 3 initially ran Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. At the moment, AT&T is (still) selling it for $299.99 on contract.
Here’s the changelog for the 4.4.2 KitKat update:
- Improved user interface: The latest version of Android includes enhancements such as re-styled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen-immersive mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security and smarter power use.
- Default messaging app: Choose a default messaging app when multiple messaging services are installed.
- Improved GPS performance.
- Enhanced music access: Full screen album art and media controls are available from the lock screen when listening to music.
- Camera access: The camera can also be accessed directly from the lock screen.
- Location menu: An integrated location menu enables users to easily activate GPS and share location details.
- Wireless printing: Integrated support for wireless printing available in enhanced settings.
- New sound controls: Set sound for specific Samsung applications in enhanced settings.