Samsung Galaxy A7, Galaxy Grand Max leak out20
First, let’s look at the Galaxy A7. We have seen three model names: SM-A700S, SM-A700K, and SM-A700L. The leaflet also reveals the following specifications:
- OS: Android 4.4.4 KitKat on board
- Dimensions: Just 6.3mm thin and 140 grams heavy
- Screen: 5.13" 1080 x 1920-pixel (Full HD) Super AMOLED display
- System chip: 1.5GHz octa-core processor (likely a 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615)
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 16GB internal storage with microSD card slot
- Cameras: 13-megapixel main camera, 5MP front cam
- Battery: 2,500 mAh
- Connectivity: LTE, VoLTE, DMB (Korea-only), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS
That’s a very well-rounded package, and we’re particularly happy to see Samsung use a 1080p screen in this upper mid-ranger. The only thing that has us slightly worried is that Android 5.0 Lollipop is not on board, but we do expect future devices to get updated in the not so distant future.
Next, we have the more affordable Samsung Galaxy Grand Max that comes with a more typical, plasticky Samsung design. Despite its ‘max’ ambitions, the phone features the same 5.24" screen size with lower, 720p HD resolution, a 1.2GHz quad-core processor with 1.5GB RAM, 16 gigs of internal storage that you can expand via a microSD card (of up to 64GB). It’s also not too thick at 7.9mm.
All in all, the Galaxy A7 seems like the more awe-inspiring of the couple. You can see the first leaked images of the two right below: how do you like what you see?