ProCamera 8, Camera+ also get full-on manual controls: tweak ISO, shutter speed, and white balance5
ProCamera 7 scored the first place as our favorite iOS 7 camera replacement app thanks to its rich and intuitive controls, as well as extremely smooth, crash-free performance. Now, the developer behind it has updated it to ProCamera 8 ($3.99) for iOS 8 devices, retaining that nice esthetics, but now adding full-on manual controls. Here are some of the new settings you can adjust manually in ProCamera 8:
- manually select ISO (from 32 to 2500), live preview
- manually select shutter speeds (from 0.5” to 1/12000), live preview
- live histogram with indications for over and underexposure
- manual white balance with tips for correct values for different conditions (sunny, cloudy, incandescent lighting, etc)
- select to turn the flash on, off, or use it as a fill light
Camera Plus ($1.99), on the other hand, is our runner-up in the best iPhone camera replacement app category, and now, it’s also been updated for iOS 8 with full-on manual controls. Its capabilities are similar to what Manual and ProCamera 8 offer, but the layout is a bit less intuitive and easy to tweak. On the upside, its price is also less expensive.