Pokemon GO major update brings lots of new Pokemon from Gen 52
These new Gen 5 Pokemon that will appear in the mobile game very soon are already featured in Pokemon Black Version and Pokemon White Version. If you're a Pokemon GO player, here is what you need to know.
First off, the following new Pokemon originally discovered in the Unova region will pop up in the game this week: Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Patrat, Lillipup, Purrloin, Pidove, and Blitzle. More will be added in the coming weeks. But new Pokemon is not the only thing added in the latest update. The following Pokemon will start hatching from Eggs:
- 2 km Eggs: Patrat, Lillipup, Purrloin, Pidove;
- 5 km Eggs: Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Blitzle, Drilbur, Foongus;
- 10 km Eggs: Ferroseed, Klink, Litwick, Golett, Deino.
Furthermore, Lillipup, Patrat, and Klink will be available to challenge in raids, although the latter hasn't been reported appearing in the wild outside raids. Also, some Pokemon will now appear in certain parts of the world:
- Asia-Pacific: Pansage, the Grass Monkey Pokemon;
- Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: Pansear, the High Temp Pokemon;
- The Americas and Greenland: Panpour, the Spray Pokemon;
- Western hemisphere: Heatmor, the Anteater Pokemon;
- Eastern hemisphere: Durant, the Iron Ant Pokemon.
The Unova Stone is another new feature introduced in Pokemon GO. It's a black & white Evolutionary item that allows certain Pokemon to evolve and can be obtained from Research Breakthrough. Finally, if you're lucky you can even catch a Shiny Patrat or Shiny Lillipup.