Peanut Butter and dog make for a strange test of the Samsung Galaxy S5's IP67 certification
For this test, a Samsung Galaxy S5 was liberally slathered with peanut butter, slapped between two slices of bread, and fed to a black labrador. As you would expect, the dog consumed the bread and licked the phone clean. And even after the pooch's saliva could be found on every square inch of the phone, the device continued to run like new.
So now that you have dog spit all over your new high-end phone, how do you clean it off? Well, if you have the Galaxy S5, you casually toss it in the pool, careful not to exceed the 1 meter (3.2 feet) depth that the phone is certified to survive. And after a long day of testing out your new phone, your handset is running like new. Now if you could only do something about the peanut butter stuck in the speakers.
By the way, you didn't think that the dog was actually going to eat the phone now, did you?
- Display 5.1" 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Camera 16 MP / 2.1 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 801, Quad-core, 2500 MHz
- Storage 32 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 2800 mAh(21h 3G talk time)
Posts: 717; Member since: Dec 27, 2013
posted on Apr 16, 2014, 3:13 AM 1
Posts: 332; Member since: Mar 20, 2013
posted on Apr 16, 2014, 3:14 AM 3
Posts: 1515; Member since: Jun 03, 2010
posted on Apr 16, 2014, 7:53 AM 1
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):