OnePlus 5 gets a major new update: OxygenOS 4.5.7 packs EIS for 4K recording, font chooser, and more
A big new update is rolling out to OnePlus 5
units across the globe. Weighing in at 310MB, the new OxygenOS 4.5.7 brings some new features as well as a number of fixes for problems that owners of the device experienced since launch day.
Perhaps the biggest change on board is the inclusion of Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) for 4K video recording. We'll make sure to test how well it works once the patch reaches the units in our office. There's also a new "OnePlus Slate" font which can be selected via a Font Switch tool (see below).
OxygenOS 4.5.7 patch notes (left); Font Switch + OnePlus Slate font (right)
Here's the complete list of changes coming with the new update:
1. New additions:
- Introducing the all new OnePlus Slate font
- Added EIS for 4k video recording
- Updated Android security patch level to 1st July 2017
- Updated to latest GMS package
4. Bug Fixes:
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements
- Smoother automatic backlight adjustment
- Standby battery enhancements
- Fixed sound being played out in the speakers occasionally when earphones are plugged in
- Fixed camera shutter sound bug in silent mode for Indian region
- Fixed missing sound channels when recording videos
The OTA rollout of the update is going to happen gradually, so it might need some time to reach all compatible devices. As always, make sure that your phone is sufficiently charged and connected to a Wi-Fi network before proceeding with the patch.