Nokia Lumia 1520 receives update to fix overly sensitive screen
Nokia had hinted earlier that it would be sending out an OTA software update to fix this issue. On its support discussions page earlier this month, Nokia wrote, "Hi, We are working on it. Issue will be fixed with the new SW release available over the air during January 3rd or 4th week. Sorry for the inconvenience..."
The Nokia Lumia 1520 is the first Windows Phone 8 model that includes the GDR3 update. This allowed Nokia to load up the handset with specs similar to those found on any top-shelf Android model. That means it has a 6 inch screen with a 1080 x 1920 resolution, a quad-core 2.2GHz Snapdragon 800 under the hood, and 2GB of RAM on board.
And thanks to the update, it sounds like the Nokia Lumia 1520 has a more responsive screen. If you received the Extras + Info update for your Lumia 1520, drop us a line in the comment section and let us know about the improvement to your handset.
- Display 6.0" 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Camera 20 MP / 1.2 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, Quad-core, 2200 MHz
- Storage 32 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 3400 mAh(25.1h 3G talk time)
Posts: 2734; Member since: May 26, 2011
posted on Jan 10, 2014, 11:01 PM 12
Posts: 7; Member since: Apr 02, 2013
posted on Feb 09, 2014, 7:50 AM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):