Nexus 5 won't have a 3000 mAh battery version, claim insiders, just 16 GB and 32 GB ones

Nexus 5 won't have a 3000 mAh battery version, claim insiders, just 16 GB and 32 GB ones
From the Italian folks that have been leaking info based on a prototype Nexus 5 with early builds of Android 4.4 KitKat comes the latest revelation on Google's elusive handset and its versions.

First off, their sources confirm there will be two versions of the phone, with 16 GB and 32 GB of storage, respectively. Google's test Play Store pages where the Nexus 5 was pictured with $349 price tag is probably for the variant with larger storage. No microSD card for expansion will be available, of course.

Second, as much as we've heard about two battery capacity versions - 2300 mAh and 3000 mAh - the source poured cold water on that rumor, and said both the 16 GB and the 32 GB unit will come with 2300 mAh, which sounds more logical.

Finally, as for the release date, he mentioned with 99% certainty it will be by the end of October, which we already know from numerous leaks, leaving 1% chance for the announcement to be put off for a later date if unforeseen circumstances arise.

source: TuttoAndroid

Related phones

Nexus 5
  • Display 5.0 inches
    1920 x 1080 pixels
  • Camera 8 MP (Single camera)
    1.3 MP front
  • Hardware Qualcomm Snapdragon 800
    2GB RAM
  • Storage 32GB,
  • Battery 2300 mAh
  • OS Android 6.0 Marshmallow

FEATURED VIDEO

Latest Stories

This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use only. You can order presentation-ready copies for distribution to your colleagues, clients or customers at https://www.parsintl.com/phonearena or use the Reprints & Permissions tool that appears at the bottom of each web page. Visit https://www.parsintl.com/ for samples and additional information.
FCC OKs Cingular's purchase of AT&T Wireless