A few weeks after that, Apple was giving away free rubber bumpers to some iPhone 4 owners. The rubber was supposed to prevent the interference to the antenna that caused Antennagate from taking place. Once again Motorola paid for a full page ad in the Times with a headline that read "No Jacket Required" right above an image of the DROID X. The meaning was obvious.
And who could forget those great ads made by Samsung that took shots at iPhone buyers waiting online to buy the next iteration of Apple's smartphone. Those ads debuted in November of 2011 and promoted the Samsung Galaxy S II.
Today, LG has sent out a tweet that promotes the LG G Flex 2 while also making fun of the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge. "Some curves just make sense," LG posts and follows it with the hashtag #bendgate. There are so many things that LG could be making fun of. One could be the recently disclosed news that the Galaxy S6 edge bends just like the Apple iPhone 6 Plus. Or, it could refer to the very limited capabilities of the extra curved glass on the Galaxy S6 edge. Regardless of what LG had in mind, it is a way to get phone buyers to think about what could arguably be considered LG's flagship phone for the moment.
Thanks for the tip!
- Display 5.5" 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Camera 13 MP / 2.1 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 810, Octa-core, 2000 MHz
- Storage 32 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 3000 mAh(18h 3G talk time)
- Display 5.1" 1440 x 2560 pixels
- Camera 16 MP / 5 MP front
- Processor Samsung Exynos 7 Octa, Octa-core, 2100 MHz
- Storage 128 GB
- Battery 2600 mAh(26h talk time)
Posts: 2965; Member since: Oct 08, 2012
posted on Apr 06, 2015, 3:27 PM 20
Posts: 4974; Member since: Mar 04, 2010
posted on Apr 06, 2015, 3:53 PM 17
Posts: 335; Member since: Feb 18, 2015
posted on Apr 06, 2015, 3:30 PM 19
posted on Apr 06, 2015, 4:02 PM 5
Posts: 85; Member since: Jan 07, 2015
posted on Apr 06, 2015, 4:31 PM 5
Posts: 322; Member since: Feb 13, 2015
posted on Apr 06, 2015, 5:14 PM 10
posted on Apr 06, 2015, 3:33 PM 22
Posts: 1020; Member since: Aug 17, 2014
posted on Apr 06, 2015, 3:39 PM 6
posted on Apr 06, 2015, 4:14 PM 1
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):