LG G4 owners on AT&T are receiving a mystery OTA update that installs without permission
Many of those complaining were concerned that their phone was hijacked so easily. Most in the middle of a call had that call dropped so that the update could be received. Suppose someone was on an emergency call and that call was disconnected? That person would have to wait for the update to be completed before trying to call 9-1-1 again.
The update, which weighs in at 25MB, could carry an enhancement to the AT&T address book. Others claim that it removed a bug that prevented the phone from connecting to a 5GHz Wi-Fi network, and yet others say that the update fixes an issue with Quick Charge 2.0.
We've started sniffing around to see what we can find out, and as soon as we get an answer we will pass it along.
source: Reddit via 9to5Google
- Display 5.5" 1440 x 2560 pixels
- Camera 16 MP / 8 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 808, Hexa-core, 1800 MHz
- Storage 32 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 3000 mAh(18.5h talk time)
posted on Jun 09, 2015, 4:05 PM 4
Posts: 1; Member since: Jun 09, 2015
posted on Jun 09, 2015, 5:19 PM 4
Posts: 2267; Member since: Jun 07, 2013
posted on Jun 09, 2015, 6:07 PM 0
posted on Jun 10, 2015, 12:59 AM 0
Posts: 221; Member since: Jun 04, 2012
posted on Jun 10, 2015, 3:38 AM 0
Posts: 294; Member since: May 22, 2013
posted on Jun 10, 2015, 9:14 AM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):