LG G2 battery gets a hump to store a little extra juice
While a battery needs to be able to fit inside the phone, LG has come up with a interesting idea on how to add a little more juice to a cell, while still making sure it fits inside the device. Take a look at the pictures in the slideshow below of the battery on the LG G2. The phone that was introduced earlier Wednesday is powered by a 3000mAh battery, seemingly powerful enough to get average users throughout an entire day without needing a recharge. The battery on the LG G2 has a little step that allows it to have a little more juice than your regular rectangle shaped cell.
Not only is this found on the battery powering the LG G2, the extra hump can be found on the battery being used for the Motorola Moto X (which has a 2200mAh capacity). Motorola happens to use LG Chem batteries on some of its phones. And since neither the Moto X or the LG G2 has a removable battery, you are going to want to milk each cell for as much power as you can get out of it.
It's amazing how so much research probably went into a design change that seems so simple when you think about it. Actually, we're looking forward to the day when the scientists working on using urine to recharge a smartphone battery have that method perfected.
- Display 5.2" 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Camera 13 MP / 2.1 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, Quad-core, 2260 MHz
- Storage 32 GB
- Battery 3000 mAh(21.3h 3G talk time)
- Display 4.7" 720 x 1280 pixels
- Camera 10 MP / 2 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro, Dual-core, 1700 MHz
- Storage 16 GB
- Battery 2200 mAh(13h talk time)
Posts: 658; Member since: May 16, 2013
posted on Aug 07, 2013, 8:05 PM 9
Posts: 6794; Member since: Mar 29, 2012
posted on Aug 07, 2013, 9:02 PM 3
posted on Aug 07, 2013, 9:32 PM 3
Posts: 84; Member since: Sep 20, 2012
posted on Aug 07, 2013, 9:38 PM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):