From bootloader and baseband versions, through manufacturing date, country of origin, and even the hardware revision, our smartphones are brimming with hidden info you might find interesting or useful. There are also secret codes
you can enter that would unlock or bar this and that function, too.
Phones from the world's largest Android manufacturer are even more interesting, as they are so popular, and when it comes to the Note phablet line, the hidden info includes stuff like an S Pen detach counter, for instance.
How do we display the secret codes and hidden info stashed on our Samsung device without rooting, typing code, rebooting into recovery, and so on hackery that not everyone is willing to delve into, though?
Real easy, son, as there is an app for that, called simply Phone
INFO, tailored specifically to Samsung phones, as it can even display if your KNOX warranty has been tripped. Granted, some of the display options do need rooting, and some would work only on Note devices for obvious reasons, but there's plenty of other stuff to keep you entertained.
- List all of Samsung secret codes (HiddenMenu) on your device. Note: You may need ROOT to launch secret codes (use 'Launch 0' method).
- Browse for the stock firmwares available online, for your phone and for any other Samsung model.
- View firmware's details, and redirect to the SamMobile.com website for the download link.
'CSC Changer': Allow you to change the CSC.
- WARNING: Changing the CSC will Factory Reset your device (wipe all user data).
- May need root access on the newer models. Also need Multi-CSC firmware.
- Supports ALL Samsung models (formerly '[Note 3] Fake / Clone Detector').
- 'Device Usage Counter'
'CSC Code Lookup' (CSC - Consumer Software Customization, aka Sales Code, or Region Code)
You can search for the CSC code (e.g. XME or BTU), or the country/network name (e.g. Malaysia or Vodafone...).
'S/N Decoder' - Obtain information about Country of Origin and Manufacturing Date from Samsung serial number. You can enter serial number from ANY Samsung phone (including OLD phone, FEATURE phone and NON-SMART phone).
'IMEI Analyzer' - Check the IMEI for the validity by calculating the Check Digit (according to Luhn algorithm).
Main Features: Displays the following information about your phone.
▪ GENERAL INFO:
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Phone Model
- Device Type
- Product Name
- Country of Origin
- Manufacturing Date
- Knox Warranty Void
▪ CSC INFO:
- Original CSC Code
- Firmware's CSC Code
- Active CSC Code
- CSC Country
- CSC Country ISO
- CSC Product Code
▪ DEVICE ID:
- Serial No.
- Samsung Serial Number
▪ FIRMWARE INFO:
- Bootloader Version
- Baseband Version
- PDA Version
- CSC Version
▪ OS INFO:
- Build Number
- Build Fingerprint
- Build Description
- Build Date
- Android Version
▪ MISC INFO:
- Colour / Internal Storage
- Hardware / Board
- Platform / Chip
- Modem Board
- Hardware Revision
- Mobile Operator Name
- Mobile Network Code
▪ USAGE HISTORY:
- Headset Connect Counter
- Charger Connect Counter (root required)
- S Pen Detach Counter (root required)
Please be noted that S Pen Detach Counter is available for Galaxy Note series only.
NOTE: This app works properly with the Stock Firmware. On Custom ROM some info may not show correctly.