Have you heard of Google Ears? It's a song-recognition app that you can install right now
Google Ears is a Shazam- or SoundHound-like service, which analyzes the music coming from your surroundings and tells you the artist and name of the song, as well as some other info about it. Among other things, it also let's you buy the song quickly, if it's available on the Google Play Store. So, in case Shazam or SoundHound don't cut it for you anymore, feel free to read our guide on how to get Google Ears on your Android phone or tablet right away...
1. As with most such guides, you'll first have to begin by downloading the necessary stuff, which includes the Google Ears app apk and a file browser like ES File Explorer.
2. Once you've downloaded the Google Ears apk, you need to copy it over to your device's internal storage, in case you didn't download it with your phone.
3. Do check that you have the allowed the installation of apps from unknown sources. This option is usually in Settings -> Applications, or Settings -> Security.
4. Install the application by navigating to its location using the file explorer and launching the .apk file.
5. The only thing left to do now is to restart your device. Once it boots up, your Google Ears will be ready to go.
6. To make things really convenient, you can place your new Google Sound Search widget on your homescreen for faster access to the service.
Don't forget to share your thoughts about this Shazam/SoundHound rival here after you give it a try!
Posts: 394; Member since: Feb 02, 2011
posted on Aug 11, 2012, 3:41 PM 0
Posts: 3991; Member since: Jan 04, 2012
posted on Aug 10, 2012, 10:37 AM 0
Posts: 22; Member since: Dec 17, 2010
posted on Aug 10, 2012, 7:37 AM 0
Posts: 30; Member since: Jun 17, 2011
posted on Aug 10, 2012, 7:33 AM 2
Posts: 253; Member since: Apr 10, 2012
posted on Aug 10, 2012, 7:05 AM 2
posted on Aug 10, 2012, 8:36 AM 5
Posts: 345; Member since: Oct 26, 2011
posted on Aug 10, 2012, 10:01 AM 4
Posts: 462; Member since: May 09, 2012
posted on Aug 10, 2012, 7:03 AM 1
Posts: 1045; Member since: Jan 28, 2012
posted on Aug 10, 2012, 6:55 AM 18
* Some comments have been hidden, because they don't meet the discussions rules.
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):