HTC U11 ad banned in the UK for misleading consumers about water resistant capabilities
The Taiwanese company has been promoting the HTC U11 in the UK since last year. Starting mid-2017, HTC's promotional campaign included an ad that was meant to highlight the new squeeze gestures of the U11.
The advert shows British Olympic diver Tom Daley using the HTC 11 at a swimming pool, jumping from the highest platform and taking selfies of himself by squeezing the phone while plunging into the water. Moreover, the ad showed the diver using the HTC U11 as he was going out of the water.
HTC issued a statement saying that while it's disappointed by Advertising Standards Authority's ruling, it has decided to remove the ad from all media:
- Display 5.5" 1440 x 2560 pixels
- Camera 12 MP / 16 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, Octa-core, 2450 MHz
- Storage 64 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 3000 mAh(24.5h 3G talk time)
Posts: 307; Member since: Nov 06, 2013
posted on Apr 06, 2018, 1:48 PM 0
Posts: 105; Member since: Apr 14, 2014
posted on Apr 07, 2018, 10:30 PM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):