Changelist revealed for the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Oreo update beta
According to the user who supplied this information, the Samsung Galaxy S8 runs more smoothly on Android 8.0. Based on the screenshot that was posted by the phone's owner, the Android 8.0 Oreo beta includes the following changes for the Galaxy S8/S8+:
- Version: Samsung Experience 9.0
- Build Numbers: G950USQU1ZQJJ, G950UOYN1ZQJJ, G950USQU1ZQJJ
- Size: 1414.67 MB
Quick Panel Changes:
- Manage notifications for each supported app with Notification Categories.
- Icons will be shown at the bottom of the panel for notifications that aren't currently visible.
Home Screen Changes:
- Touch and hold a supported app to display shortcuts to common or recommended tasks within that app.
- Notification badges on app icons and in the notification panel are now synced. Clear a notification on one, then it will clear on the other.
Samsung Keyboard Changes:
- New toolbar gives quick access to common functions.
- GIF keyboard lets you send GIFs using Samsung Keyboard.
- More high-contrast keyboards are available.
Edge Screen Changes:
- Improved font size, color, and other settings for better Edge panel visibility.
- Touch and hold the Edge panel to change its position.
- Added three more Edge lighting effects and color customization for apps.
Samsung Cloud Changes:
- View and manage photos and notes stored only in Samsung Cloud.
- Store any type of file in Samsung Cloud Drive.
- Select specific items to delete or restore from backup data.
- View the size of all your backups and see how many items they contain.
Samsung Dual Messenger:
- Install a second copy of a messaging app so you can use two accounts at the same time. For apps that verify accounts using phone numbers, you'll need a different phone number for each account.
- Touch and hold a messaging app on the Home or Apps screen to install the second account, or go to Settings –> Advanced features –> Dual Messenger.
Find My Mobile Changes:
- Back up Secure Folder remotely in Samsung Cloud when your phone is lost.
- Samsung pass can be locked remotely.
Samsung DeX Changes:
- See more apps listed at once by changing the app list view to full-screen.
- Use Game launcher in Samsung DeX for a full-screen gaming experience.
- Added support for two additional Samsung covers (LED View Cover, Clear View Standing Cover).
- In Bluetooth, high-quality audio codecs, including AAC and Sony LDAC, are supported.
- In Video, auto-repeat and 2x speed are added.
- Voice Recorder provides smart tips to conveniently block calls while recording.
- Flag Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync emails in Email.
- A sticky notification tracks your steps in Samsung Health.
- Clock offers Landscape mode and timer sound options.
- Tap the digital clock widget to go to Clock directly.
- Manage user names and passwords in third-party apps using Samsung Pass.
- Added new unified workspace for Knox Workspace and Android for Work.
Samsung says that as the beta continues, updates will be sent out to improve some of the new features.