Apparently, you can make your Samsung Galaxy Note5's rear cover transparent
Reddit user Skarface08 has managed to transform his Note5's glass-made rear cover by heating it up (with a heat gun), then using a suction cup to remove it, and a razor blade to peel off the colored film. The result: a see-through back that lets everyone take a look at the innards of the device. The entire process doesn't seem to be too complicated (there's even a short video of it at the second source link below). However, unless you really know what you're doing, we don't advise you to try this at home - not to mention the fact that removing the back plate and its color will likely void the phone's warranty.
sources: Reddit, OneDrive via Droid-life
- Display 5.7" 1440 x 2560 pixels
- Camera 16 MP / 5 MP front
- Processor Samsung Exynos 7 Octa, Octa-core, 2100 MHz
- Storage 64 GB
- Battery 3000 mAh(22h 3G talk time)
Posts: 360; Member since: Sep 01, 2011
posted on Oct 15, 2015, 7:43 PM 6
Posts: 1016; Member since: Dec 19, 2014
posted on Oct 15, 2015, 7:46 PM 42
Posts: 322; Member since: Feb 13, 2015
posted on Oct 16, 2015, 6:35 AM 2
Posts: 2318; Member since: Aug 14, 2014
posted on Oct 15, 2015, 7:52 PM 1
Posts: 1; Member since: Dec 24, 2015
posted on Dec 24, 2015, 7:44 PM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):