x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

Android users more promiscuous, while iPhone fans more educated, survey says

Posted: , posted by Peter K.

Tags :

Android users more promiscuous, while iPhone fans more educated, survey says
AYI.com, an online dating site that integrates with Facebook in order to help you find the love of your life, released a survey that gives us some insight on “which mobile brand's singles are the most desirable” - iPhone users or those who sport and Android smartphone. The website examined the profiles of some 13,690 of its mobile users in the USA in order to compare their demographic characteristics, which treats us to some more than curious findings.

It appears that iPhone devotees are 17% more likely to be contacted first by another user of the dating site. Meanwhile, Android enthusiasts are 12% more inclined to initiate contact with someone else, which makes them, in AYI's own words, the more promiscuous users. Interestingly enough, the survey also makes it clear that Android users on AYI are somewhat older – 42% of them are between 45 and 60 years old, whereas 67% of iPhone singles are under 45.

You are also 30% more likely to earn under $60,000 a year if your device of choice runs Google's mobile OS, in comparison with iOS users. The latter seemingly have a much better financial income, as 83% of them bring home more than $150,000 each year. But what's even more interesting is the fact that iPhone aficionados drink and use drugs twice as much as their Android peers. Could this be yet another proof that money spoils people? Well, we guess it could be.

Not only are iPhone users more prosperous, but they also seem to have a better education altogether. If you are wielding one of Cupertino's smartphones, then you are over 55% more likely to have a bachelor's degree and twice as likely to sport a master's degree from a university. Meanwhile, only 28% of all Android enjoyers on AYI have a university degree – the remainder of 72% seemingly did not favor higher education.

Device-wise, the Samsung Galaxy S III and the Galaxy S4 appear to be the most popular smartphones that Android fans used to access the AYI mobile app. At the same time, the iPhone 4 was used four times more than the iPhone 5 to access the dating service.

Android users more promiscuous, while iPhone fans more educated, survey says

source: AYI via KSL

76 Comments
  • Options
    Close





Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories