LG enV3 User Reviews

Build quality4.8/10
Everyday usage5.7/10
Camera5.6/10

archeryhunter1993
posted on 01 Feb 2012, 22:16 (Posts: 17; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)

Env3

archeryhunter1993 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

What an awesome and good quality phone. it has lasted me for the past 2 years and its still going strong just like it was out of the box. it has never shut off on me or had any problems what so ever. once this phone breaks i will probably either buy the octane or the env3 again off of ebay or amazon.

Build quality 10/10 Stands up to everything i throw at it.
Reception 10/10 Verizon has America's most reliable and fastest 3G network.
Call quality 10/10 Excellent. No dropped calls at all.
Internet 10/10 Really fast!
Camera 10/10 Really decent pictures!
UI speed 10/10 Fast responses to every button i push.
Battery 10/10 Battery lasts all day.

Pros

Cons

• non

lolzorz
posted on 03 Nov 2010, 16:57 (Posts: 13; Member since: 01 Nov 2010)

Awsomness

lolzorz has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone has a great quality with a nice rubber-like back that is almost IMPOSSIBLE to fall out of hands. The outer screen does get kind of scratchy but you can really get used to it. The camera quality is good with lots of options like negative and aqua. It also comes with flash. Calling and texting is easy with big inside speakers and good call quality because it is on Bid Red's line.

Build quality 8/10 Scratches easily
Reception 10/10 it's on Verizon, why not
Call quality 10/10 Again, why not?
Internet 8/10 Not the best i have seen but o.k.
Multimedia 9/10 all qualities are great an this.
Camera 9/10 Really really good with few disapointments

Aireck
posted on 11 Jan 2014, 00:48 (Posts: 3; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)

Texters Galore

Aireck has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is a great phone! Texting is just perfect. Absolutely flawless. There's plenty of room on this tiny phone! Size does not matter when it comes to basic phones! I thought about buying the smartphone version of this phone so trust me, the enV series are awesome. Calls are fine and it can be used as an MP3 player. Just about everything else sucks so yeah. That pretty much sums it up. Too da loo!

Pros

• QWERTY Keyboard

Cons

• screen size

Katd1234
posted on 01 Jan 2014, 13:09 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Jan 2014)

My second phone

Katd1234 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I got this phone in summer 2010, it still works perfectly. I had the LG enV2 before, but had lost it so my insurance gave me this as a replacement phone. I have to say I don't like it as much as my previous phone to be honest. The camera is decent, internet meh, texting is excellent. I've been known to be pretty hard on my phones in my former years, dropping them on the ground, in water,etc. I have to say LG has built these phones really well. For everday use it's pretty good.

tch2rd2
posted on 20 Jun 2012, 14:59 (Posts: 0; Member since: 04 Oct 2008)

Love it so much I ordered it online in order to keep this phone

tch2rd2 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I love love love this phone. It does all I need in the form of text, phone calls and tools. I do not need a Smart phone and it's so difficult to find a midrange phone. When my old enV3 went kaput after two years, I got online and ordered another one since Verizon doesn't sell this model any,ore.

Everyday usage 10/10 This phone exceeds my everyday use
Text input 8/10 Large size is great option

lexieluvr
posted on 22 Apr 2012, 13:36 (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Apr 2012)

Pretty Good Phone

lexieluvr has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I had this phone for 2 and a half years. I had it for two years, got the LG Cosmos Touch, and that phone makes me want to hang myself, so i went back to this. The battery life is great, the camera is good for just snapping a shot, the keyboard is fantastic other than my front keyboard is completely falling off (mainly my fault though). For the last 6 months I had it the first time, it shut off randomly, but after deactivating and reactivating that stopped (not sure why). The phone is great for just an every day use though.

Pros

• keyboard
  • flash camera
  • internal/external keyboards
  • strong build

Cons

• turning off randomly
  • freezing

cnewman8939
posted on 18 Feb 2012, 22:00 (Posts: 0; Member since: 18 Feb 2012)

Very Good Phone

cnewman8939 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I have had this phone for over 2 years now. I have owned this phone longer than any others. It is tough as nails, the exterior has the scars to prove it. It has been dropped, thrown, kicked, slobbered on and heavily used. I am just now having a few issues with it randomly cutting off and charging (says fully charged but not). It is a great phone for texting which is what I primarily use a mobile phone for. Calling, camera and music quality are good. I am going to push it as far as it will go... I wish Verizon still offered phones like this. I hate touch screens...

Internet 1/10 never used it...

Pros

• texting
  • durability

LivLovesTrack
posted on 13 Jan 2012, 13:05 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)

It Will Turn on You!

LivLovesTrack has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I have had this phone for 2 years now...and can't wait to get a new one. This phone is a wothless piece of crap. My friend has the exact same one, and she's gone through 3 enV3's because they all broke! And she even took care of it! It was all fine when i first got it, but then like a few months later i noticed it started to have problems. And now 2 years later mine doesnt even turn on anymore! It would constantly turn off! I would just shut my phone and it would turn off! And it took forever to send messages, and don't even get me started on the picture messaging! It had horrible reception, dropped calls, scratches easily, and sometimes won't recieve messages! I am so glad Verizen discontinued this phone, cause honestly it isn;t worth it!

Pros

• The battery life is pretty good

Cons

• EVEYTHING!!!

LoveMyMusic
posted on 17 Nov 2011, 19:35 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)

Ehh.. it's

LoveMyMusic has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

All right.. this phone isn't terrible.. but's it's really starting to piss me off. I've had the problems with it turning off by itself.. by not too much. I've had this phone since August.. it's only November 17th. It's starting to mess up. It's a decent phone for a while. But I don't consider it for the long run. Now.. when I listen to music.. it starts to glitch. Like today.. I'm listening to Eminem and Lil Wayne.. the whole time.. my phones going into "Voice Commands" and starts randomly dialing my friend. In less than an hour.. it called her 17 times! The texts are pretty good for me. It's not very slow.. though the occasional drop of a text. I really enjoy this phone.. but I fear it's just the beginning of a total screw up. It's a phone you definitley have to take a chance on.

Build quality 4/10 Small, light weight, some-what strong. Get's scratched WAY too easily though.
Reception 7/10 Pretty good.
Call quality 7/10 No problems really.
Internet 5/10 Can sometimes be slow as hell!
Multimedia 7/10 Music was wonderful.. till it started messing up.. :(
Camera 6/10 It's okay.. though sometimes blurry.. or way tooo dark.
UI speed 6/10 Can sometimes freeze.. only happened to me a few times.
Everyday usage 8/10 Considering the fact I use the high wholey hell outta my phone.. it's pretty good.
Text input 7/10 Love the keyboard.. and the front dosen't bother me with it's old school fashion. Mainly because I never use it.
Display 9/10 Looks great to me! :)
Battery 7/10 It's mid-way. I use the music ALOT.. so it lasts me basically the whole day.. otherwise.. it'll last 2 maybe 3 days.

Pros

• Decent battery
  • *Okay* camera
  • Small and compact
  • Great for texting

Cons

• Freezes
  • Glitches.. alot
  • Can be slow at times
  • Drops calls sometimes.. get's to be annoying
  • Known to be a messed up phone
  • Can piss you off at times

LoveadrianaXO
posted on 17 Oct 2011, 18:23 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)

dont even take a secont thought about thsi phone

LoveadrianaXO has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

at first when it got the fone i was happy with it, then one day i left it on the charger and came back and took it off the charger , i turned it on and the fone died. it doesnt charge and if u drop it then the front screen starts going out. one day it fell out of my pocket and dropped into water and from then on it has been acting up. it is not a good lasting phone and its a waste of money.

Pros

• camera (sometimes)

• reception
  • screens

AmberS
posted on 26 Sep 2011, 20:00 (Posts: 0; Member since: 26 Sep 2011)

Don't fall into this trap.

AmberS has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Okay, seriously, for the love of God if you value your sanity DO NOT even for a second consider this phone. Yah know why? It will turn against you in a matter of weeks. I promise. My speaker's broken so I can't talk to people, it doesn't send or recieve half of my messages, the internet isn't even worth my time, it hardly even loads, I absolutely despise the caemra, my battery fluctuates so I can never know exactly how much battery I have, it freezes an ungodly amount of times through out the day, it deletes contacts, it scratches WAY too easily on the front screen and the few messages I do get and lastly it turns itself off constantly. All the time. There is no way to avoid it. It will hate you. And it will make your life miserable. End of story. So glad to be getting a new phone tomorrow.

Reception 1/10 It absolutely refuses to send most of my messages even if I have good signal.
Internet 2/10 The speaker's broken? I can't hear a damned thing. And the person on the other end can't hear me.

Pros

• Absolutely nothing

• turning off
  • scratching the screen so easily
  • not send/recieving messages
  • not allowing me to log into IM
  • freezing constantly

jennuh48
posted on 29 Jul 2011, 05:33 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 Jul 2011)

Decent Phone

jennuh48 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I have had the Env3 for two years now. For the first year and a half it didn't give me problems at all. Now that I'm on my second year it freezes, and randomly shuts off constantly. This phone is really nice unless you constantly drop it. I would recommend it.

Build quality 8/10 Front screen scratches really easy.
Reception 10/10 Never had a problem with reception and i live out in the middle of nowhere.
Call quality 9/10 I've never used the internet.
Multimedia 9/10 Sends pictures fast even when you attach 8 to one message.
Camera 10/10 I take all of my photos with this phone and i've even done some really amazing photography with it.
UI speed 9/10 Phone is pretty fast.
Text input 10/10 i can send a long message on the T9-keypad extremely fast and it keeps up with me.
Display 8/10 I think its amazing. It shows a bright vibrant display.
Battery 6/10 Battery gets worse as time goes on.

bufferdoodle
posted on 24 May 2011, 21:31 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 May 2011)

NV3

bufferdoodle has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

this
phone
SUCKS
beyond BELIEF!!!
it freezes, when u close the phone, it freezes. when you veiw your pictires, the pictures are all " ? " and then..... it FRIGGIN FREEZES. it shuts itself off ALLLLLL THE TIME. for no reason. you have to pull the battery out all the time to get it unfroze, cuz yeah. it froze again. when texting, its slow. when sending out pics,.. its slow. then you have to pull the battery out,..cuz GUESS WHAT!???! it froze. so you fix your backround screen, and close the phone, and have to pull the battery out because it froze with a white screen inside. you turn the phone on again, fix your pics, HOPING for all good sake, that you dont breathe on it wrong and it will freeze again,... holding your breath,...VIOLA!!! after 10 minutes, you finally got your picture to stick,... and not a minute later you go to check it,.. and it had turned itself off.
really? REALLY!!?! -_- i HATE my phone. i cant WAIT to get a new one. I just might take this phone out,...like "office space" style. yeah. that would make me happy. really,..there are so many issues with this phone, STAY AWAY from it. idk if they stopped making it yet,.. cuz they really need to,... but every single person i know who has had an nv3,.. say the SAME EXACT THING. its plain awful.
but maybe i should tell you how i REALLY feel..... LOL

Pros

• nice battery life.
  • decent camera.

Cons

• trust me,..stay away. its just AWFUL.
  • freezes
  • turns off randomly
  • freezes again.
  • loses your pictures.
  • then it will freez.
  • slow texting
  • painfully slow outgoing picture or video messages
  • freezes

bekabaybay
posted on 21 Feb 2011, 18:46 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)

TERRIBLE !!!!!

bekabaybay has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Let me just say i have only had 3 phones ever, and this is by far the worst phone EVER ! This phone shuts off at least 12 times a day. I have a memory car with all of my pictures on it and when i go to look at my pictures sometimes it will not pull them up instead it basically says that they're not there. Before i do this my phone always changes my background to a weird background that was already on my phone, and it claims that my picture can not be found. VERY annoying. Sometimes my front screen will turn completely white and won't let me see the screen at all unless i take the whole battery out. On the inside of the screen i will be texting and a black screen will slowly go across my screen and shut the whole phone off. My phone also while i text, i will be texting not that quickly(not as fast as i can) and my words will slowly appear on the screen...VERYYYYYY slowly! I Have nothing good to say about this phone AT ALL!

Pros

• eh the battery is okay, it'll last sometime but not all the time

bekabaybay alternatives:

lgterrill1
posted on 22 Dec 2010, 14:17 (Posts: 0; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)

Lg Env3-Poor Quality

lgterrill1 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

My husband and I both got the slate Lg Env3 in June 2010. This is our 3rd phones..The first time we had to send our phones in was because the phone would turn on and off, then the 2nd time my husband couldn't hear me when he would call nor when I would call him. Now we are having very poor quality reception and our phones are freezing up/turning off automatically.

Reception 1/10 The reception is terrible...we have many drop calls in the middle of a conversation
Call quality 1/10 The reception gives a drop call.
Internet 1/10 Slow to get on the web browser and doesn't get all websites
Camera 7/10 The camera has awesome pics and quality.
Everyday usage 1/10 reception is bad with drop calls
Text input 3/10 good texting coming in and out.
Battery 1/10 battery life is alright. When we are on the web browser it drains the life of the battery.

Pros

• Camera is awesome pix

Cons

• reception is bad,

adirondack
posted on 01 Dec 2010, 14:52 (Posts: 0; Member since: 28 Nov 2010)

Verizon LG enV3's Infamously Defective Phone - - Randomly Shuts Off!

adirondack has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I will keep this review short and verify the negative comments that you have been reading concerning Verizon's LG enV3 to include suffering from a multitude of manufacturing defects such as:
* RANDOMLY SHUTTING OFF!
* Battery phone connection defects.
* Software problems.
* Echo sound feedback problem.
* Verizon pushes "Certified Like New enV3 Phones" off to customers that have the same manufacturing defects as the broken phones returned to store by customer.
* EXTREMELY POOR VERIZON CUSTOMER SERVICE. For example, a couple weeks after a year of going through this mess with the Verizon Wireless and the Verizon LG enV3, I entered the Verizon Wireless store and they offered to sell me a new phone for $299.99! to resolve the problem because I am stuck in a 2 year contract with Verizon Wireless! I HAVE SINCE SWITCHED TO ANOTHER COMPANY AND IT'S LESS EXPENSIVE AND THE SERVICE IS HONEST!

Pros

• Texting.
  • Camera.

Cons

• SHUTS OFF.
  • Manufacturing defects

LovesToText9934
posted on 27 Nov 2010, 22:01 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Nov 2010)

This Phone Sucks

LovesToText9934 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I got my env3 December 12 of 09. I was really excited and it worked good at the begining. About September of 10 it started acting up. It fist started when i plugged it into the charger and it said "This charger not reccomended for this phone." It was the charger I got with the phone so I have no clue why it wouldn't be "Reccomended." Then, it started to shut off randomly. When I say randomly, I really mean it. I could be in the middle of a call or creating a text and it would just shut off. It very annoying. It shuts off if I close it too hard (which isn't hard at all), or if i tap it on the couch very lightly. It scratches VERY easily. I deffinetly DO NOT reccomend this phone to other people.

Build quality 2/10 Scratches easily
Reception 9/10 I haven't have any issues with the reception except some texts not going through.
Call quality 4/10 I can for the most part hear the person the the other end of the line other then the fact it shuts of in the middle of calls.
Internet 5/10 I don't have internet on my phone but from other reveiws I've seen its not the best but its ok.
Multimedia 5/10 The camera quality is alright, could be better. It seems to focas on the backround more then the actual thing your taking a picture of. The recording sucks.
Camera 4/10 Its alright, could be better as I said in the Multimedia section. Seems to focas more on background
UI speed 1/10 Haha I don't know what this is lol SORRY. If I did though it would probably be low though cause pretty close to everything about this phone sucks.
Everyday usage 1/10 Everyday usage SUCKS! Turns off whenver it feels like it!
Text input 8/10 Pretty good occational issues with the sending going through, that could be a problem with reception though.
Display 7/10 Things are pretty clear, outside screen scartchs easily
Battery 7/10 Can hold a alright battery. After about 2 days of texting its pretty worn down.

Pros

• Big bottons inside and out
  • Inside screen is nice and big

Cons

• Turns off by itself
  • Outside screen scratches VERY easily

RazzleDazzle12
posted on 27 Jun 2010, 13:02 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Jun 2010)

Awesome phone!

my brother and my best friend have this phone and it's great! i actually wanted it but i got the Verizon Razzle instead of this one and that was a mistake! my brother is 16 and its a great phone for him because he drops it sometimes. it has a big key pad, unlike other phones, so its good for men with big fingers, women too. the camera and video are great. i highly recommend getting this phone!

Pros

• it actually has VIDEO
  • big buttons
  • not slippery buttons
  • big enough for people with bigger fingers

Cons

• screen scratches easily
  • not so long battery life

joanne_xo
posted on 04 Jun 2009, 21:56 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Jun 2009)

my opinion of the env3..

so i went out and bought this env3 today. i've been asking my parents for it for days now. and now that i got it, its not that bad ;) i like it. before, i had the razr. which i HATED lmfao. so then i got this :] its def. better than the razr. i love how theres a qwerty. so easy for me to text now. i hate how when you want to use speakerphone, your phone needs to be opened. thats the only thing i dont like about the phone right now. other than that its good :] oh & i also dont like how videos are only 30 seconds long :/ my cousin has a tmobile phone that has like over 5+ hours. i was hoping this phone would be like that. but i guess i was wrong.

Pros

• pretty much everything ;)

Cons

• phone must be open for speakerphone
  • videos are 30 secs long

Dewey20101992
posted on 09 Aug 2011, 19:26

AWFUL PHONE!!!!!!

Dewey20101992 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This phone has to be the worst thing I have ever owned. It just makes me angry while using. For some reason when it says you have full bars you really don't cause when you try to send a text it wont send, and when you do manage to send a text it'll take a week to get to the other person. The thing that makes me angry the most is that if you barely touch or close the phone it will shut off. Very annoying!!!! Luckily I'm up for an upgrade in a few weeks and I'm getting rid of this piece of crap and getting the iPhone 4 :)

Pros

• NONE!

Cons

• Everything about this phone is CRAP!!

Chicken nugget
posted on 02 Aug 2011, 14:35

THIS PHONE MAKES ME WANT TO JUMP OFF A BRIDGE

Chicken nugget has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

this is the worst phone ever. i've considered going back to my motorola razr AND THAT'S SAD!! at first i loved the phone it was so nice and just a few months later the battery died for good no matter how much i charged it so i got that replaced for a bunch of money thennnnnnn....it continues to turn off everytime i send a text or touch it. in many cases friends and family have questioned as to why i haven't responded to their texts or calls and it's because...MY PHONE CAN'T RECEIVE THEM ...I GET MULTIPLE CALLS AND TEXTS AND I HAVE NO IDEA. it is just really frustrating ..it's been 2 years and i cannot wait until i can get rid of this piece of so called technology. DON'T BUY IT . YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...AND ANYONE WHO HAS BOUGHT IT GOOOD LUCK !!!!!!

Build quality 1/10 i hate it
Battery 1/10 hate hate hate hate hate hate

Pros

• it has an okay keyboard

Cons

• turns off every time you look at it
  • battery succks
  • front screen broke
  • sensitive to any water damage
  • remove battery every 5 minutes
  • fails to receive texts/calls
  • fails to send texts
  • changes my wallpaper
  • annoying
  • i want to chuck it at a wall

Kipper
posted on 22 Jul 2011, 19:02

I HATE IT

Kipper has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Crapiest phone ever! Shuts off all the time. Blank screens. Loads of message failures. When i cancel a msg it will send anyway. Changes wallpaper in my pocket ( not back pocket) droped calls. A waste of time! Horible camera
The best part is the life on ut

Pros

• Life

Cons

• EVERYTHING!

Bethany
posted on 13 Jul 2011, 23:19

LOVE IT!

Bethany has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

ITS AWESOME! The only think i dislike is when i have 2 many pics its hard to fix it and it deleted all my pics :(
I would get it, my friends that have this phone love it and texting is gr8 and it holds like 240 texts I think... (; I am almost up for a new phone and am sad... mayne the nv touch! but its aweosme

Internet 10/10 slow kinda for Facebook

Annonymous
posted on 08 Jul 2011, 07:20

brand new

Annonymous has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

i am getting this phone soon so i was looking at a bunch of reviews and videos and i found out some people really really hate this phone so know i am wondering get it or not so i have got enough information to fill this rating out well it has good reception and it turns off randomly so that it saves battery if you had left it on for a whole day it would be dead from what i have heard it has a good camera really good texting and keyboard because the keys are spaced out so people with bigger hands can text it on it to it gets allot of scratches but thats why they gave you the protectors has a good screen sound is good when someone calls you it can take out the background noise so thats good i thinks its pretty good overall

Build quality 6/10 not the best built
Multimedia 10/10 good music and internet
Camera 10/10 amazing 3.0 megapixel camera
UI speed 5/10 sometimes it is very slow
Everyday usage 10/10 doesnt drop many calls or txt
Text input 10/10 amazing keyboard
Display 9/10 the picture is very good
Battery 8/10 i have heard alot of people having good battery on this phone

Pros

• doesnt drop calls
  • good keyboard
  • good battery
  • comes with screen protectors

Cons

• drops text

Annonymous alternatives:

Kiki
posted on 30 Jun 2011, 16:52

Worst phone ever

Kiki has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This phone is piece of worthless s**t. On my second phone about to go onto my third. Drops calls left and right, randomly sends out blank texts, texts get eating, and photo and video messaging fail all the time. Phone is royally scratched up, and it turns itsel off all the time. Keep getting a white front screen error.

Only positive thing about phone is the long battery life. I will never ever buy this phone again, and you shouldn't either.

Build quality 1/10 Phone is horribly scratched up
Reception 1/10 I could be in the middle of NYC and I'll have no service
Call quality 1/10 Static calls
Internet 1/10 N/A dont use it
Multimedia 1/10 Don't use
Camera 3/10 Not bad for quality of phone.
UI speed 1/10 Sometimes I dont get texts, texting speed it slow, calls fail all the time
Everyday usage 1/10 Its hard to navigate the menus sometimes
Text input 1/10 Slow, slow, slow
Display 1/10 Wallpapers and settings keep going back to default really annoying
Battery 6/10 Not bad

Pros

• What pros besides long battery life

Cons

• Everything and anything