Xiaomi Mi 4 size comparison: a 5-incher with ultra thin bezels
The Xiaomi Mi 4 is just that: it measures just 2.66” wide (67.5mm), much less than all other 5-inch flagships like the Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One M8t, and Huawei Ascend P7. Such a width, allows your finger to reach the corners of the screen easier, and makes for a more pocketable phone that’s easier to carry around.
And while we don’t know how tall the new Mi 4 is, the illustration below suggests that it is more compact than other flagships in this aspect as well.
Finally, it seems that Xiaomi has settled on 5 inches as the golden standard for its flagships - the Mi 3 had a 5” display, and so does the new Mi 4. For us that’s good news, but what do you think, is a 5” screen large enough for you?
Xiaomi Mi 4 size comparison against other 5" flagships
139.2 x 68.5 x 8.9 mm
5.26 oz (149 g)
136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm
4.59 oz (130 g)
146.36 x 70.6 x 9.35 mm
5.64 oz (160 g)
139.8 x 68.8 x 6.5 mm
4.37 oz (124 g)
Xiaomi Mi 4 size comparison round 2: versus Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Apple iPhone 5s, Sony Xperia Z2
139.2 x 68.5 x 8.9 mm
5.26 oz (149 g)
146.8 x 73.3 x 8.2 mm
5.75 oz (163 g)
123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm
3.95 oz (112 g)
151.2 x 79.2 x 8.3 mm
5.93 oz (168 g)
1. marcski07 (Posts: 490; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
ifans will be mad, they are not included in their comparison of flagship phones. :D
3. Iodine (Posts: 487; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Galaxy S5 isn't there as well because it isn't a 5" phone... Getting it ?
4. marcski07 (Posts: 490; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
you sir are so serious in life. ^__________^
12. rantao333 (Posts: 266; Member since: 21 May 2013)
being as galaxy s5 user, im jealous mi4 for that premium materila inside their phone and sell fraction of my s5 cost.
17. pulkit1 (Posts: 325; Member since: 03 Jul 2014)
It says "Xiaomi Mi 4 size comparison against other 5" flagships" Learn to read.
20. marcski07 (Posts: 490; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
I know, I know, chill man. I was just joking. is your iPhone crying? tell her I'm sorry. :)
21. pulkit1 (Posts: 325; Member since: 03 Jul 2014)
didn't feel like you were joking . and no my iPhone is not crying but your whatever sh*ty device have have sure is that is why you need to made just stupid comments . lol
22. marcski07 (Posts: 490; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
it's stupid because I bash your beloved iPhone? ok dude, whatever makes you feel better.. :)
23. pulkit1 (Posts: 325; Member since: 03 Jul 2014)
chill dude i like both iPhone and nexus , i might even get nexus 6 if i don't like the next iPhone . But still i don't feel like insulting other os's.
2. galanoth (Posts: 334; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
Compactness should include all dimensions.
We don't just reach left and right on our phones.
We also reach up to the top and from the bottom.
7. Shatter (Posts: 2031; Member since: 29 May 2013)
It says the thickness if you read the dimensions...
10. AlanB412 (Posts: 30; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Have you even looked at the size comparison tool? You can look at all those dimensions there. At least try before you start criticizing things man...
5. sks1969 (Posts: 86; Member since: 04 Mar 2012)
Lame article and stupid size comparison, even by chinese standards. a few MM here and there is not going to make a big difference in the hand.
11. joey_sfb (Posts: 3091; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Mi4 besides being the most compact 5" display flag ship phone aside.
It is also the most affordable flag ship phone even by Chinese phone standard.
The only challenge for me is availability.
I am getting one for sure. Currently rocking with a RedMi Note.
8. vincelongman (Posts: 1563; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
But the ZL is about 1 cm shorter, more noticeable than a mm wider/thicker IMO
9. simon16 (Posts: 15; Member since: 02 May 2014)
5" screen size is more than enough. For me size between 4.5" - 5" is perfect.
13. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2783; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
PA, please do not keep iPhone beside Note 3, coz it looks even smaller. ;)
15. dimas (Posts: 251; Member since: 22 Jul 2014)
HTC One became ugly and taller when they increased the display size.
16. clarkjeferson (Posts: 51; Member since: 22 Dec 2013)
That Mi-4 may have the thinnest bezels, but it can't step up to the P7 in looks
It has the looks and the performance that can back it up.
It can walk the walk and talk the talk.
Huawei P7 > S4 > One M8 > Mi-4