Woz up? Apple co-founder picks the Nokia Lumia 900 over Android
his favorite gadget was the HTC Nexus One and not the Apple iPhone. Three days later, Wozniak corrected himself saying that he was responding to what he thought was a question about what new gadget he likes the most. Wozniak this time answered that his favorite phone was Apple's iconic smartphone, which at the time was the Apple iPhone 3GS.
But is that the end of this story? Nope. Move ahead to April 13th of this year when Wozniak send out a tweet from a Denny's near an AT&T branch. We're not sure if the computing legend was enjoying a Grand Slam breakfast, but he did write that he was waiting for the AT&T Store to open so that he could purchase the Nokia Lumia 900. While it was never confirmed if he had bought the phone, a picture of him holding the model seemed to put that thought in everyone's mind.
Now, a bit longer than two-weeks later, it has become certain that Wozniak did add the Windows Phone flagship to his collection. He spoke to Dan Patterson, Todd Moore and Gina Smith from aNewDomain.net and called Windows Phone "Intuitive and beautiful," and picks Windows Phone over Android for "looks and beauty." He also admits that apps look better on the Nokia Lumia 900 than they do on Android or the Apple iPhone.
Later on, Wozniak clarified some of his comments,making sure that everyone still knows that the Apple iPhone is his favorite handset. Sounding enamored with the Windows Phone UI, Wozniak said that either Microsoft hired someone at Apple to work on the Windows Phone UI, or Steve Jobs was reincarnated t Microsoft since the interface reminds him of Apple products. Oh, in case you're wondering, Steve's current lineup is a pair of Apple iPhone 4S units, a Motorola DROID RAZR and the Nokia Lumia 900.
So there it is, just another typical day with a living legend.
source: aNewDomain via WPCentral
122. Dr_fajardo posted on 29 Apr 2012, 07:21 1 6
i think he want to see android fall cuz its the number one competitor, not cuz he really like wp. (i said him not me)
2. HugeTroller (banned) posted on 28 Apr 2012, 04:25 34 18
Get ready for droid nerds jumping up and bash Steve.
17. RobotMan posted on 28 Apr 2012, 07:47 13 16
You should already have known that Android user is not just a follower like Apple user. We don't care if he like Android or not, or that Mr. Obama use BB and not Android. Only thing is importance is that we love how powerful and flexible the OS is. I can change to make it suite me and everything become fast and easy.
20. JSern posted on 28 Apr 2012, 08:19 22 11
False. It's SOME Android users. Majority droid users are still hating on WP and iOS. Just look at some WP and iOS topics at PA. If it's not about Android, or a good news from iOS or WP, there's bound to be Fandroids bashing on the topic.
27. TROLL posted on 28 Apr 2012, 08:30 8 7
Smart boy ....
38. HugeTroller (banned) posted on 28 Apr 2012, 09:19 4 4
bro, are we twins?
46. TROLL posted on 28 Apr 2012, 09:42 3 3
28. maxican16 posted on 28 Apr 2012, 08:30 11 10
There are bound to be haters.. just like you're hating on Android fans with this post. I'm with Robotman - I could care less what others like, I just go with what I like.
45. JSern posted on 28 Apr 2012, 09:42 8 7
Please tell me where did I mentioned that I'm hating on Android fans? SG2 user here. Lumia's my next.
47. TROLL posted on 28 Apr 2012, 09:44 2 5
37. KOUROS (banned) posted on 28 Apr 2012, 09:08 2 3
106. Jimstar posted on 28 Apr 2012, 18:00 1 0
Sounds like you think the majority of android users are regulars at phonearena. You should learn the difference between a vocal minority and a majority...or even a plurality.
126. PhoneArenaUser posted on 29 Apr 2012, 12:04 0 0
Maybe they are doing that not because they are Android fans, but maybe because they dont like Apple, iOS, Microsoft or WP ?!
88. sgtdisturbed47 posted on 28 Apr 2012, 14:21 2 0
A "follower" is still a follower. Some users tend to be more passionate than others, so it's a weightless stereotype to say that a group of users will all respond in the same manner. People are individuals and will respond according to how they see the product, on an individual basis. Anyone that says otherwise is trying to start an argument.
It's no big deal if Steve Wozniak buys a Windows Phone or even an Android. He's a consumer, too, and has the right to purchase whatever product he wants. This doesn't mean that any particular platform is "better" just because he or anyone else chooses to use it.
4. bbblader posted on 28 Apr 2012, 04:36 10 6
I bet that just because he is the Apple co-founder the iPhone is his favourite
5. remixfa posted on 28 Apr 2012, 04:38 21 0
so basically Woz is saying that MS out "appled" apple. Fluid and pretty UI paired with higher quality apps.
Well, if that isnt a snippet for a WP7 commercial, I dont know what is.
52. taco50 (banned) posted on 28 Apr 2012, 10:44 5 10
That's not what he said at all. His favorite phone is the iPhone, but just like I have said windows is a better OS than android.
68. RobotMan posted on 28 Apr 2012, 11:52 7 6
You can say what you want, but the fact are, Android is number 1 OS, not ios, not BB and not Bada. Other OS no need to mention here as having too small market share. And that will never change event if you try to promote it. People just try it for 10 minute and having desperation. Too boring.
71. taco50 (banned) posted on 28 Apr 2012, 13:11 2 10
When you give it away for free it's easy to have more market share. Apple cares about quality and profit.
76. tedkord posted on 28 Apr 2012, 13:30 3 1
There's that iRationalizing again. Apple can't come in second unless there's some unfair factor causing it. It can't be because Android is a compelling product that appeals to more people. That's impossible inside the RDF.
In fact, it's impossible that an Android phone review could say the phone had no lag, so you didn't read that. I said the phone was laggy. There, the universe makes sense again.
100. Johnny_Mnemonic posted on 28 Apr 2012, 17:33 2 1
Apple quality. Jajajajajaja. For Apple is all just quantity
101. remixfa posted on 28 Apr 2012, 17:52 5 1
yet, Apple has been selling free 3g and 3gs phones for years. It hasnt helped their shrinking market share. Try again taco.. oh wait.. your supposed to be banned.. why are you posting again?
go away taco.. go away.
92. Lucas777 posted on 28 Apr 2012, 15:28 2 3
actually apple has outsold android in the top 3 us carriers for the past Q1... they have sold 59% of smartphone sales
111. sithman (banned) posted on 28 Apr 2012, 19:19 2 1
Taco jus roasted u dude
107. Jimstar posted on 28 Apr 2012, 18:02 0 0
I'm pretty sure that's almost exactly what he said. Or at least that's the way the article makes it seem, perhaps you should reread the article or brush up on your comprehension.
6. frydaexiii posted on 28 Apr 2012, 04:49 8 8
So this is it, People care more about visuals and transitions than actual usefulness. Oh well, if it came from Woz, I have nothing to say.
7. Veigald posted on 28 Apr 2012, 05:54 6 14
Yeah, WP is just nice, smooth, intuitive but useless, and Android is outdated, laggy, unintuitive but really useful. The problem is that there absolutely zero, 0, apps for WP and 347653257799651087 apps for android.
9. Veigald posted on 28 Apr 2012, 06:01 3 4
Simply paraphrasing what the first guy said :)
13. HugeTroller (banned) posted on 28 Apr 2012, 06:34 2 1
24. TROLL posted on 28 Apr 2012, 08:26 4 1
More like u are wow the os is half baked the ecosystem is much worse than apple lack ov support iv hardware ...
16. haseebzahid posted on 28 Apr 2012, 07:37 1 4
Seriosly u sound like u never had a moblie 0 apps u are retard more like so get a life and stop commenting ur S..T
57. Veigald posted on 28 Apr 2012, 10:53 0 0
Wow, I thought I took it so far out that everyone would understand the sarcasm, but there you go
18. bbblader posted on 28 Apr 2012, 08:10 5 1
call me when you use all of the ''347653257799651087'' apps and still use them everyday
10. Galen20K posted on 28 Apr 2012, 06:10 9 9
regardless of anything you might feel about Apple itself, you can't deny that Woz is Awesome! - )
11. Non_Sequitur posted on 28 Apr 2012, 06:15 9 7
Exactly. Woz will always be an incredible guy.
23. TROLL posted on 28 Apr 2012, 08:23 5 8
I don't thin so.... In your thoughts and mind and in
Your dreams yes...
25. TROLL posted on 28 Apr 2012, 08:28 4 11
The guy looks like a skaggy junky hasn't
Had a shave or comb his hair for months
12. Mozarrt posted on 28 Apr 2012, 06:17 13 7
I agree entirely with him, I went to the Android camp with a monsterphone, but came back to Windows Phone, simply because its so much more inituive, faster and more beautiful.
I can live with the smaller ecosystem though.
14. tluv00 posted on 28 Apr 2012, 07:16 5 7
Don't you mean he picked Windows over Android. One is an operating system the other is hardware.
15. A.aoudi posted on 28 Apr 2012, 07:36 10 5
Bulls**t Its 100% clear that he does not believe in customization and besides the I phone is not his favorite device it is the windows phone. He just said i phone so his own company wont sue him.
116. gp284 posted on 28 Apr 2012, 20:42 2 0
its not his company. I don't think he is apart of it anymore. And he can say what he wants he is an american citizen and Apple is a American company. Freedom of the speech and pres bro.
19. Mobile-X-Pert posted on 28 Apr 2012, 08:17 4 9
Why would Apple sue him? Lol....nobody can resist the charming of the Lumia 900.
31. TROLL posted on 28 Apr 2012, 08:34 4 5
what a joke haha for basic user
Like u it is orelse its cra???
21. TROLL posted on 28 Apr 2012, 08:19 3 4
From the perspective, Android handily leads in market
share, but the iPhone iPad are the hottest_ selling
Individual device. But- apart from sports, election,
and other competitions- we don't live in a world of
Universal champions. The best platform is whichever
suits you. The two big dogs android and ios each offers
It's own clear take on the mobile os experience.
The rivalry closely resembles that of Windows. Whether
Miscrosoft can rebound and make this a three-way
Race remains to be seen; It's a steep hill to climp, and
the company's hesitance to enter the US market with Nokia
doesn't bode well. But smartphones aren't going
anywhere anytime. Nokia windows I don't think so an epic fail.....
117. gp284 posted on 28 Apr 2012, 20:46 1 0
its funny that one of the most objective and non-fanboyish posts comes from someone named TROLL.
26. Tmachaveli posted on 28 Apr 2012, 08:29 6 5
He can use what ever phone he wants its a free country me as android user really don't care its not gonna effect me at all.
29. Bluesky02 posted on 28 Apr 2012, 08:30 5 6
What Wozniak mean is that
Windows Phone is a true competitor for the iPhone, in terms of quality, design and experience.
33. Mobile-X-Pert posted on 28 Apr 2012, 08:55 3 9
Android sells hardware, Windows sells the experience. That's why the iPhone is so successful.
34. KOUROS (banned) posted on 28 Apr 2012, 08:59 4 4
Wow lots of reds... its all fandroids bashing trashing apple and windows!!!!!
89. -box- posted on 28 Apr 2012, 14:36 2 1
I think it's the Apple fans... Android folk tend to be more reserved with the thumbs down in my experience
36. Mobile-X-Pert posted on 28 Apr 2012, 09:05 4 1
Yeah, I noticed that too. The guy with the nickname ''TROLL'' seems to be kinda mad.