The Apple iPhone made up 20% of T-Mobile's smartphone sales in Q2
It just so happens that T-Mobile later revealed the sales totals for the two phones during a conference call. The mobile operator sold 900,000 Apple iPhones from the launch date through the end of June, while 600,000 units of the Samsung Galaxy S4 went out the door. That means 21% of the carrier's smartphone sales for Q2 were for Apple's iconic smartphone while the Galaxy S4 made up 14% of T-Mobile's smartphone sales.
It will be interesting to see if T-Mobile customers remain as entranced by the iPhone in the current quarter now that the novelty of seeing the phone wearing the T-Mobile brand is beginning to wear off.
1. scsa852k (Posts: 329; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
21% iPhone and 14% S4..
The rest are buying cheap phones I guess.
T-Mobile.com is displaying Lumia 521 and Galaxy S2 as their top sellers right now.
10. donfem (Posts: 591; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
And where did you get your info, if I may ask? Guesswork reveals so much about the person though
3. sprockkets (Posts: 1600; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Yea! People can now like TMob because of the iphone without Tmob getting raped to death by its piss poor subsidy apple gives it.
5. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 454; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
T-Mobile needs to change theme colors pink no thanks and coverage too
6. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1454; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
And why in the report are not telling if it is the iphone 5 or all iphones in general?
Because Alan refers to THEM as the "Apple's iconinc smartphone" when in reallity that 20% is probably the whole "iphones" family, and then you compare that against one single model from Samsung....
8. wgaurav (Posts: 22; Member since: 17 Dec 2010)
Correct me if I am wrong, but I guess previous generations of Iphones did not support T-Mo spectrum bands. So i guess its just I-Phone 5.
9. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1454; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
+1 for you, as you are probably right and me just ranting.
11. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1454; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Nope, actually it seems that T-Mobile also sells the iphone 4S at least
7. JMartin22 (Posts: 1681; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Lol, too bad the SApple people do not use enough common sense to realize that the next iteration of their phone of choice is about a month away.