Samsung Galaxy S4 Black Edition launched in the UK, it's really expensive
Since the regular Galaxy S4 can be purchased for around $540 (£325.80) in the UK, paying that much for an S4 Black Edition doesn’t make sense. What’s more, the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S5 is expected to cost as low as £500 in the UK when it hits shelves starting April 11, so, again, getting an S4 Black Edition would not be a wise choice.
The difference between the Galaxy S4 Black Edition and the original S4 isn’t that important. The new version comes with a faux leather back cover (à la Galaxy Note 3 and Note 3 Neo), black accessories, plus some exclusive ringtones and wallpapers. But that’s it, the rest of its features have remained unchanged.
source: Phones4U via Android Central
2. fzacek (Posts: 1194; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Wow, that's like twice what a new Galaxy S4 costs on EBay.
27. Lolek123 (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)
You can buy Black Edition easily in Poland for less than £325.80. Check skapiec.pl for price comparison. Komputronik.pl is selling BE for £306 (+51 € shipping to UK, free shipping to most cities in Poland). If you have friends in Poland - ask them :).
17. Tizen007 (Posts: 488; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
I am really hoping the Note 4 comes out with a bezel-less 3 sided YOUM display.
4. Lauticol (Posts: 179; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
I prefer this design rather than the S5 design
15. __0__ (Posts: 223; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
This the best looking GS phone since the GS2 . I agree with you because the GS5 is just unattractive . But I am happy with my note 3 now . Note > S , end of story
5. GTX_Ti (unregistered)
What Sammy ?? You added a faux leather back and expect everyone to pay more for that ??
6. galanoth07 (Posts: 44; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
overpriced, outdated phone. not worth buying.
7. Achilis (Posts: 32; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
This design with all the additional features and better internals S5 has would have been a better S5.
8. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 434; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
I must admit that Samsung Galaxy series is so vast, just like the real galaxy.
16. Tizen007 (Posts: 488; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
"Let us travel to Galaxy S5Grandneoactivezoom"
18. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2316; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
You forgot CoreAdvancePlusYoungY. ;)
Did I forget something? :P
9. rns122112 (Posts: 42; Member since: 20 Jan 2014)
You could just wait for amazon to release just the battery cover and order that if you want the faux leather back
10. mokhtar (Posts: 196; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
last phone i will choose in my life .. with this price = z1 , g2 , htc one , lumia 1020
11. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 505; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
You can buy a faux leather back for the Galaxy S4 on ebay for less than 10 bucks.
12. Arthurhkt (Posts: 83; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Seriously Samsung, you should just apply this at the S5 design, if so i guess it will be truly a sales boots, but by apply it on almost 1 year headset, some more come with such expensive price, you really are HIGH Samsung, SO HIGH
13. imparanoic (Posts: 56; Member since: 15 Oct 2012)
priced as silly as their snapdragon 400 wvga (800 x 480) galaxy golden ( clamshell) at HK$5800/GBP480/US$750, maybe they are trying to rip off the non tech savvy older generation
14. a_tumiwa (Posts: 214; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
this edition of phone has been released in my Country Indonesia for a few weeks, the difference price between the original and this edition is about 600,000-700,000 rupiah ($45-$65)
19. skyline88 (Posts: 283; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
latest price in my country (market, not retail):
Note Pro 12.2: 850 USD
Note 3 32GB LTE: 600 USD
S4 32GB LTE: 520 USD
S4 16GB 3G: 480 USD
Note 2 16GB 3G: 430 USD
830 USD for for a damn S4 with cosmetic changes?
Samsung, what is wrong with you????
20. Genersis (Posts: 175; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Wow, I didn't realise the S4 had gotten so cheap.
I'm also surprised that this phone is being sold at a huge premium pretty much because of it's colour.
21. AfterShock (Posts: 2092; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Wow, Samsung you're going down the wrong road.
Starting to behave like apple, and I don't think you've the clout to do it.
22. wando77 (Posts: 265; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Ever thought that it might be phones 4 u that have sent the price?
23. Einstein333 (Posts: 26; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Bought one of these here in Switzerland, about 2-3 weeks ago. There wasn't much of a price difference (about 5-10%) compared to the regular S4
25. totally_rad (Posts: 9; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
wtf you retards?
exclusively? alternate.co.uk and handtec.co.uk have the phone for £394.
you can also get the phone unlocked from germany for 394€ and from greece for 360€.
READER DISCRETION IS STRONGLY ADVISED.
28. trollz (Posts: 28; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
Or you could just get the S5 and still have enough money for a Hawaii vacation
29. iTechies (Posts: 81; Member since: 28 Dec 2013)
black edition of S4 is very nice color and nice design than the S5. its really cool. i like it :) but too expensive!
30. techloverNYC (Posts: 362; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
The leather would have added that classy feeling to the S5. Samsung strike gold with the leather design, should have stick with it.
31. synthetic_llama (Posts: 17; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
I'll just buy the faux leather back cover online???