Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus leaks out
The Galaxy Pocket Plus is only a minor upgrade over the original device, sporting the same 2.8-inch screen but with a slightly more capable, 850MHz processor, and running on Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich.
Here is a full breakdown of the specifications of the Pocket Plus as per rumors:
• Android Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.4)
• Broadcom BCM21654 850Mhz Processor
• 4GB internal storage, 512MB RAM
• 2-megapixel camera
• 2.8″ QVGA TFT screen
• 1,200mAh battery
• A-GPS / Bluetooth v3.0 / USB v2.0 HS / WiFi (802.11 b/g/n) / FM Radio
• Sensors: Accelerometer, Digital Compass
Overall, this looks like a fairly minor bump, one to keep Samsung relevant in the ultra low-end segment where it is selling huge numbers of its Galaxy Pocket and Galaxy Y devices.
source: Sam Mobile
1. MistB (Posts: 543; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Hmm...may have to forego getting the Note 3/Nexus 5 for this one. Absolutely insane phone.
2. tashreef (Posts: 475; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
who gonna buy this...2.8"
Asha 311 is much better than this with the same price tag
4. MistB (Posts: 543; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Everyone will queue up for ths. The IPad 5's gpu is feeling the heat and IPhone 6 launch will suddenly feel tepid in comparison to this, but is it really necessary to have such specs on a 'mobile phone'. Even desktop PCs cant match that kind of processing power.
5. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
But isn't iPhone going to be launching a 2.5 inch affordable phone for an unaffrodable price? :D
3. tashreef (Posts: 475; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
game over! finest flagship of 2013 "Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus"
6. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
STOP WITH THE PLUS ALREADY! Just make it 2 or something.
7. cripton805 (Posts: 896; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I wonder how low end this is because there are some prepaid phones with better specs selling for $80-$100
8. bluescreen (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
why even bother...any smart phone that is 3yrs old has better specs not to mention u could prob get a used one for whatever price their gonna put on this.....i would however take this phone and see how many times i could make it skip across the top of my local lake :)