Samsung Galaxy Note 4 leaks: alleged IFA poster shows up
Now, however, pictures of an alleged Galaxy Note 4 poster at the IFA show in Berlin reveal the looks of the phablet. The image is a blurry one and does not give a whole lot of new information, but it does show that Samsung has done an admirable job minimizing bezel and turning the otherwise Note 4 into a gadget that is compact for its size.
The other detail that one can see is the higher, QHD (or Quad HD, standing for 1440 x 2560 pixels) resolution of the Note 4.
Alongside this latest leak, Samsung has also earlier published a User Agent Profile (UA Prof) file for the Note 4. UA Prof files are specification files that describe the model, screen size and other features of the device before it gets public. Making such a file is not obligatory, but usually when done it is done by the phone maker itself (in this case from Samsung), and is a nigh-official confirmation of a device. The UA Prof file of the Note 4 also lists it as having a Quad HD resolution.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 leaks: alleged IFA poster shows up, UAProf reveals more details
source: Samsung, Toranji (translated) via GSM Arena
3. Ashoaib (Posts: 2357; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
this is looking more like a LG design instead of samsung's design language...
why always the leak photos are blurry? why those guys who take these photos never have a good camera? why?
11. tech2 (Posts: 2317; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
How is this looking like LG ?! Just because it has smaller bezels ?
Its well documented that LG likes to copy Samsung and not the other way round.
15. Ashoaib (Posts: 2357; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
dude, I am not talking about copying, plz keep the copy stuff out.... my point is toward the autheticity of this leak bcoz this is not what Samsung is used to, so I am doubting that this is a note 4
40. aba71983 (Posts: 478; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
It because the person who took picture is using cheap low-end android phone. He can't afford to buy high-end android phone and that's why not clear or blurry.
42. tedkord (Posts: 5079; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
More likely it's because he had to snap it quickly and sneakily so as to not be seen taking the picture.
21. AnTuTu (Posts: 936; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Just can't wait any more to see The Beast :(
2. galanoth (Posts: 332; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
Fake because there is no Samsung logo on the front.
5. Tizen007 (Posts: 522; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Your comment proves how thin the bezels on this device is.
It's blurry but its on top like usual.
6. Ashoaib (Posts: 2357; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
may be to avoid the bezel?? just saying, otherwise I also dont think this is a photo of note 4 bcoz it is totally not a designing style of samsung, it is more towards LG
61. McLTE (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I'm sitting here with a LG G3 on my desk.. HOW is this screen shot anything LG related?
NOTHING in the picture above is "LG".
10. Tizen007 (Posts: 522; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Can't you see the silver Samsung logo beside the front facing camera...?-_-
62. ProblemSolver15 (Posts: 165; Member since: 14 Jun 2010)
Looks more like a speaker grill to me.
12. tech2 (Posts: 2317; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
There is Samsung logo. That part is outside water. Look carefully its next to the top pointed arrow.
16. Ashoaib (Posts: 2357; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
still I have a doubt that this is a note 4
24. maherk (Posts: 1105; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Ok ok we get it. It's not the Note 4 and it looks like an LG. You don't have to keep posting the same comment over and over.
28. Ashoaib (Posts: 2357; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
lolz... seems someone is on fire, so now your permission will be required before posting any comment?? hmm... I didnt knew it that there is a limit to express your point
56. AstronautJones (Posts: 272; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
I thought that was the earpiece speaker.
7. hassoups (Posts: 381; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
looks like it's in water and there's some refraction going on. That or i should really get up and look for my glasses :/
8. NextGenTech (Posts: 59; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
Really PA? you stretched out this news over 2 days for page views? Kudos to you. This could of been implemented with your article about the same thing yesterday.
Meanwhile Anand Joins Apple..
17. Ashoaib (Posts: 2357; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
who is anand? does it matter? it doesnt matter who join who... but still I am curious to know who is anad, plz enlighten me
30. dushyant (Posts: 94; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
You have no idea about anything, do you??
You just seem high to me and frightened.
Thts the sign of the "BEAST" coming
35. Ashoaib (Posts: 2357; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
poor fellow, frightened from who? beast coming, which beast is coming? call you plz tell me?
beast coming, zombie coming, ghost coming... why you are talking like a kid? be a mature guy dude
38. dushyant (Posts: 94; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
you've got just 2 days, note 4 will be like a slap on face for haters like you!!!
39. Ashoaib (Posts: 2357; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
OMG... it was totally a wastage of time talking/answering to you...
An apology bro for any rude word I used above... now I got it that you dont use PA frequently and it is just a lack of insight and may be a habit of jumping to conclusion based on just one article... but thats ok, feel free to say anything
43. dushyant (Posts: 94; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
So your conclusion is that spending more time on P.A raises your I.Q
You are so stupid that its actually making me laugh.
46. Ashoaib (Posts: 2357; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
dushyant... its not about raising an I.Q. my friend, I just said bcoz of your above comment #38... "haters like you"... but thats ok, you are immature and have "upper hand" anxiety... which is, a person tries to keep an upper hand subconciously(conciously he cannot identify it) on others by using many logics and sometime harsh words as well and feels happy when he thinks he shut the other up
51. GalaxyS5 (Posts: 250; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
you should've "reported" it :p .. lol never mind him man, he's just another butthuurt behind a laptop and has no life other than trolling every article here ..
9. xfire99 (Posts: 560; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Its a fake. Right side bezel is thicker than leftside and not aligned at all. Doubt Samsung would make such mistake.
13. Tizen007 (Posts: 522; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
That's because the image intentionally shows the device refracted in moving water. You can also see the bottom bezel irregular in shape. Nobody would make that stupid mistake if it was not intentional. I don't know how the image is supposed to work but it looks like the right side bezel was magnified by the water.
14. Zapp_B (Posts: 15; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
I wish it would look like this. But it just doesn't match that leaked hands-on video and Samsung doesn't use that font for the word "note"
18. Zomer (Posts: 73; Member since: 31 May 2013)
It's FAKE. That logo was already created by someone else for a render.
20. Zapp_B (Posts: 15; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
Yes, and it also appeared on that fake leaked box
19. schinnak (Posts: 83; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
everyone missing the obvious - this means the phone could be water resistant after all.
31. dushyant (Posts: 94; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
Since s5 is water resistant, it is quite obvious
As note series is based on S series.
22. billzk123 (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Aug 2014)
oh the design is better than the s5 ... :) waiting to see this monster SMARTPHONE
25. D.Lamore (Posts: 196; Member since: 15 Aug 2014)
Where is evleaks ? Note 4 should have leaked by now
26. croshio (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 May 2014)
IMHO other than the wierd bezel thingy and copied logo as some guys here say i think this is probably a fake render because of the outline of the device this looks different when compared with the outline of the device shown in the official teaser video. the last video they posted showing a black device but you can still see the more rounded edges like the ones of the note 3. feel free to reply i want to know what you guys think about it. :D
BTW you clearly cant see the bottom of the device look at the right edge and the s pen you wont see the tip of it.
41. Zapp_B (Posts: 15; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
I spent a long time looking at all the leaks and they all contradict each other. The rubber cases that leaked have the same corner curvature as note 3 but with chamfered and scalloped edges like Alpha.
The silhouette from the teaser looks exactly the same as the note 3 and doesn't have chamfered edges.
And finally, the device from the leaked hands-on video probably has slightly sharper corners underneath that dummy case because the inner cut out of that case has smaller corner radius than the note 3.
49. Tizen007 (Posts: 522; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
IMO its pretty obvious the GN4 will look somewhat like that even if that render was fake which I think it isn't. Just compare all the leaked renders with the leaked prototypes. They show a pattern.
54. nohatenofanboy (banned) (Posts: 515; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
you dont have to be an oracle to say how note 4 will look like. it will look like note 3. thats certain.
32. Jalil (Posts: 40; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Not fake......... Galaxy Note 4 will be the best of the the year........
36. Taters (Posts: 3478; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
That looks brilliant and exactly how the S6 should look with a 5.1 QHD screen. Hopefully it's true. If so I might go back to a Galaxy phone after passing on the GS4 and GS5.
44. Pattyface (Posts: 463; Member since: 20 Aug 2014)
I like the shape of this supposed note 4 and hope the final looks as good. Also hope Samsung doesn't eff up the back on this phone. The s5 was a mess
47. zpaul2fresh8 (Posts: 14; Member since: 27 Mar 2013)
This image totally contradicts an OFFICIAL one released by Samsung (phonearena.com/news/Another-teaser-for-the-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-4-shows-the-phablet-in-silhouette_id59996).
The shape in the article image seems to have rounded ends and defintely looks like an LG3 or maybe even G3 Pro? LG is photobombing, that's all :-)
Sad because I wish the above was the actual design but I'm afraid it's pretty much the same as Note 3.
52. lazerproof (Posts: 8; Member since: 28 Aug 2014)
That looks like a Note 4 to me. It's what we expected as far as looks. Lets just hope the specs are all there. particularly on the camera and battery end.
53. Taters (Posts: 3478; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The only problem I might have with this design is that the home button might be difficult to press with one hand with no bezels but other than that. Looks like a flagship version of the Sharp Aquous Crystal, but with an ear piece and symmetrical top and bottom bezels.
The issue with the design can be easily fixed with gestures though.
55. hellonerds (Posts: 265; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Anyone saw the teaser video of samsung note 4 and I shows the corners a bit more round kind of the note 3 and this picture looks like its a bit to square on the corners. . Will have to wait and see I cant wait, but that looks good and looks like its under water lol
58. bradkfitz (Posts: 2; Member since: 01 Sep 2014)
Samsung Galaxy G3 Active.
But in all seriousness, if it is going to have this close of a resemblance to a G3 I'm sold. I love the g3 design but much rather have another Samsung.
59. androidwpios (Posts: 9; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
From bezel we can tell that it is not IP 67 water and dust resistance. I don't mind more bezel if it give me more durablility.
Less bezel = easier damages form dropping the phone.