Samsung Galaxy Note 3 render pops up, alongside first price hints
More popular slideshows
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 render pops up
1. bohdan4ik13 (Posts: 81; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
It's not an official render, Some unknown designer just made a lessened version of Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 with small S Pen :)
18. _Bone_ (Posts: 2104; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
It's in line with the leaked front panel, it'll just have more frame and a bit more on the top and bottom, and the same old glossy finish.
51. PunyPoop (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
This is an example of a simple yet elegant design, take note, this is a simple device :D
71. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 May 2013)
You are an annoying Sony fan.. trying to bash Samsung in every way you can and in every article you want..
21. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 641; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Nope... Seems like a real deal and looks cool too... Nice
35. Myrith (Posts: 54; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
They're fan-made images by Stellist Design.
69. Goldeneye (Posts: 350; Member since: 22 Jan 2011)
Looks like an oversized Galaxy S2 international version that is, I hope the capacitive keys work with the stylus this time and I wish this was spring loaded that would be awesome.
76. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2108; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
The was a strange omission last time around, but I think the stylus working with the capacitive buttons is a guarantee this time. The Galaxy Note 8 allows it.
32. umadden (banned) (Posts: 90; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
put some effort into your trolling, retard
61. GrapeEyes (Posts: 243; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
Don't buy the Note 3. Buy the Lumia 1520 it is going to be the best phone for 2013 and 2014
53. akki20892 (Posts: 3276; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
don't worry, we've got u covered.......!!!
52. akki20892 (Posts: 3276; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
6. dcgore (Posts: 201; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
Will Samsung ever get rid of the home button? Seems like the note 3 is even a larger of a device.
7. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5075; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
It's Samsung's signature, why would they get rid of that?
13. _Bone_ (Posts: 2104; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Poo probably prefers accidental taps and Android buttons taking off the 1/8 of the screen.
33. HouTexan (Posts: 300; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
Well, you're in luck. They sell the HTC One for you. Go away, now.
37. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5075; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The problem is that you said "because it's annoying" which doesn't make any sense. How can a physical button be annoying? Physical button is useful you know, you can press it to wake the phone up.
40. Myrith (Posts: 54; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
The physical home button on my Note II frequently gets smushed in my bag, which turns on the screen without my knowledge. Sometimes I'll open my bag to find a warm, turned-on phone.
And, there's no way to disable the home button's "screen on" behavior (without rooting and custom software, I suppose). I hope it's customizable on the Note 3.
54. Jason2k13 (Posts: 627; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
so the phone is turned on for what 30 secs or 1 min, then wouldnt it turned of after? Unless your gonna claim that once your phone is turned on, it stays on forever now?
do you fill soo much junk in your bag to the point that the home button will always be pressed?
I find your story hard to believe.
56. Myrith (Posts: 54; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
I have my display auto-off set to 10 minutes for occasional hands-off viewing, like for instructions, recipes, and Ingress. Normally I turn the screen off manually.
My "bag" is more like a purse about the size of a DVD case, so the slimness makes items press against it easily.
59. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard someone complain about. I own a Note 2 and have never had that happen to me.
63. Myrith (Posts: 54; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Chill out. :P I was being hyperbolic when I said "frequently." I love my Note 2, and this is just a nitpick rather than a serious complaint.
It's not a common problem, but there are a number of "how to disable home button wake" inquiries for Galaxy phones on various forums.
77. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2108; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
This actually happens to me too, but the home button isn't the problem. It's the unlock button. I bet that's what being pushed on your phone too. Considering how flush the home button, it just sounds unlikely that it is the culprit. It's kind of rounded & not very flush with the body of the phone, so it gets pushed in my pocket somewhat frequently. It's rather annoying. The design of those buttons (the volume rocker also) has been changed to remedy that problem in the S4, so hopefully it carries over.
45. DeejayReact (Posts: 18; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
BASICALLY. YOU SNEEZE ON A S4 OR NOTE THAT SCREEN BREAKS.
67. newbey123 (Posts: 382; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
The One Max will be the beauty and the beast, so that is your best bet! I already have my upgrade and money waiting!
38. rd_nest (Posts: 692; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Then get some other device. Problem solved. No point getting something which is annoying.
57. scumbledEGG (unregistered)
it reminds me about iphone with elongated home botton, haha! sammys signature home botton copied from apple? is that so? patented
12. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2383; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Physical Home button looks much good, as compared to capacitive buttons or on screen button.
17. tedkord (Posts: 4305; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I hope not. I prefer a physical home button.
9. ddeath (Posts: 154; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
I like the home button. Good for exiting apps, switching previous apps used and waking up the device. Not sure why people don't like it. :)
46. cncrim (Posts: 464; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
I don't hate home button there it could be nice if instead home button replace it with swipe gesture and speaker in front instead on the back since big screen mean for media consume
47. cncrim (Posts: 464; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
I think if Samsung can take home guesture from BlackBerry 10 to wake up the device and speaker like theONE that will be almost the perfect perfect phone.
14. harigrg33 (Posts: 144; Member since: 20 May 2013)
Samsung shud hav given this design to s4.
16. JMartin22 (Posts: 713; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Home button is just more practical than software keys on-screen, as they're less intrusive. I must say, this is going to be the best looking Samsung phone to date
19. oister85 (Posts: 394; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I hope is the same material that sony xperia z tablet uses.
20. papss (unregistered)
Looks better but still the back looks generic as hell. Still a beast inside so that mostly what matters. I can see in e very near future we are going to see 1000.00 phones cutting the gap between phones and tablets/computers
22. ammarnadim93 (Posts: 13; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Good to see s2 design back..
that was my favorate phone by sammy and i still use it :D
26. taz89 (Posts: 2010; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Agree the s2 was awesome, especially the back, wish Samsung would get rid of the glossy back and go back to the s2 back. S2 felt premium even though it was plastic.
74. ammarnadim93 (Posts: 13; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
And that was one hell of a rugged phone..
Unlike the next models.. and display was lot better that the HD and FHD oversaturated Amoled panels..
24. therealestboy (Posts: 47; Member since: 03 May 2013)
I'm usually one of the first person to slam Samsung because of its design. But this look really goodI if its true. I was getting tired of the same rounded design year after year.
25. joesseth (Posts: 56; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
Real time response on the S-pen, That's all I need. Keep it up Samsung!
28. taz89 (Posts: 2010; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Really liking the look of this, it's similar the s2 which was a great design but with a bit of modernity to it..
29. bparkerson (unregistered)
Is that matte black!!! Yeah! Damn Hyperglaze to Hell...Forever! Seriously, I'm happy with what I'm seeing!!!
30. joepetty1986 (Posts: 4; Member since: 29 Aug 2013)
Def like what I see... But that 3rd render... What's up with that one? Looks totally different than the other 2 and there's an extra button on the side... It'd be nice if it was a dedicated camera button .. I def like the looks of that one better. But its probably just a fan render of some sort. :-(
31. zachattack (Posts: 534; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Is it me or am i the only one more excited for the G2 to hit verizon... It's probably just me... oh well
36. TreyTreyTaylor (Posts: 296; Member since: 21 Dec 2010)
Give us a 32gb at launch please. But regardless of that, this is the phone I've been waiting all year for. Samsung can't shut up and take this money any sooner.