Samsung Galaxy S III getting Jelly Bean around end-Q3, Galaxy S II, Note and Note 2 updates coming soon after
Website Sam Mobile has now used its inside sources to share the rumors that the Jelly Bean firmware for the Galaxy S III has passed the testing stage and engineers are working on the public release of the update. So far, expectations are that the Samsung Galaxy S III will get Jelly Bean around the end of the third quarter to the beginning of Q4 2012. Nothing is official, just rumors, though.
Other phones to get bumped up to Android 4.1 soon are the Samsung Galaxy S II which still has solid sales and the Galaxy Note, as well as the upcoming second-generation Note.
Big news here is that this once again reiterates whispers about the Samsung Galax Note II launching only with Ice Cream Sandwich on board and not the latest Jelly Bean.
For the Galaxy Note and Note II the Jelly Bean update seem very probable, while for the Galaxy S II testing is still underway. So far, there’s no reason not to update it, but if Samsung engineers happen to find one, at least a value pack update is certain. The three phones are said to get Jelly Bean in Q4 2012.
source: Sam Mobile
1. dickwyn (Posts: 566; Member since: 07 May 2012)
It is so.obvious that the note 2 will get the 4.1 update. Hope my note gets it
29. The_Godfather (Posts: 146; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
That would be just mine Note 2:)
Hang on is this Taco50 who is giving us thumbs down lolzzzzz comeon mate we jus hate you and Apple :)
3. cj100570 (Posts: 204; Member since: 12 May 2009)
I'll believe it when the update starts rolling out. Samsung has a record of telling you an update is coming and then not delivering for months later. Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Q1 2012 ring any bells?
5. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Oh please, they do even worse. Galaxy S2/Note still didn't get the ICS update in the Middle East/North Africa region
6. wendygarett (unregistered)
It's not Samsung fault... Blame Sam Mobile... the one who create all this hype... Sgs2 update is suppose to be at March 2012 but sammobile the one who announced at December 2011...
4. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
i hope touchwiz is still as good and user friendly while I hope S voice is scrapped with GNow.
19. Tjey007 (Posts: 86; Member since: 22 May 2012)
i guess there will be both because GNow comes with JB and S voice samsungs own app.
10. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5422; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Any reasons why are you disappointed? :)
13. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2927; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
He's just trolling. The SGS3 is selling extremely well because its an amazing device.
36. yazlikvillam (Posts: 13; Member since: 24 Apr 2012)
amazing can you please tell me what makes it amazing i have never had a phone broke twice in 20 days thats so called amazing s3
39. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2927; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Broke? Its a phone with a huge touch screen, any phone with a touch screen can break if you are stupid or unlucky. The mighty RAZR can break and even the iPhone. So if you're too clumsy or dumb to keep your phone is your hand, that's your own fault.
35. yazlikvillam (Posts: 13; Member since: 24 Apr 2012)
why eveeybody dislike bayhuy? he never said anything wrong first time i bought samsung and it will defo be last time bought it 20 days ago first went to service sound problem now went for crack around metalic area samsung trying to claim its users fault never even dropped the phone thats how cheaps they build stop all this fan boy nonsense compare build quality to SONY HTC APPLE will never buy crapsung as well!!
40. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2927; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
We dislike idiots who whine and troll these articles.
25. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3211; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
At least they get timely updates rather than six months later. You'd think with JB being an incremental upgrade it would be out sooner. Leave it up to Samsung to take their time on it.
32. tedkord (Posts: 4254; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Well, it's not as important to get the updates quickly when your closest competitor is still being your last release.
33. tedkord (Posts: 4254; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Well, it's not as important to get the updates quickly when your closest competitor is still behind your last release.
37. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7291; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Timely updates. Good one. Care to explain why the 3GS only gets like 10% of iOS 6 features?
15. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2927; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Every ICS device should get JB. Its a much improved optimization. If the Nexus S can run JB there's no excuse for any dual core device with 1GB of RAM. Tho I'm sure some devices won't just for the sake of being forgotten. But its good Galaxy S2 and Note users will also be getting it.
16. amiaq (Posts: 377; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
HTC has to get their act together, at least announce when will JB will be available for HTC One X. Otherwise all the potential buyers will turn to GSIII.!!
17. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 961; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
This is good to hear. i plan on getting either the Note or Note II before the end of the year. either way, i cant wait to see Jelly Bean on the Note or Note II
20. LordZoid (Posts: 7; Member since: 22 Jul 2010)
That Good, I hope Samsung has included to address the SD card issue. Sure would be nice to move apps to the Ext. SD card.
22. MtDewFella (Posts: 4; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
I'm getting tired of explaining this to people, most smartphones have a development cycle of 10 - 18 months, they started developing this phone before Google announced ICS, Jelly bean just hit sources a few weeks ago, they didn't have time to build and test jelly bean this late in the development cycle without causing huge delays. it'll get it just be patient.
23. TheCellX (Posts: 36; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Well, my GS 2 is already on 4.1.1, so it really does not matter when Samsung will release the official one.
24. tempdogg74 (Posts: 68; Member since: 04 Jan 2009)
Do you anyone know if the Galaxy Note 2 is gonna hit all carriers like the galaxy s 3 or just a few.
41. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 961; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
Id assume that the Note II would follow the same path as the SGS3 and go to 3 of the 4 major carriers (AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint)
26. Falcon11 (Posts: 5; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I bet the Verizon GS3 will be last GS3 to get the update....also, I hope to God that the Jelly Bean update on my GS3 will make it look alot more stock. Im just not a fan of touchwiz. I just don't like the colors...the blue and orange need to go. Bring my black and white and maybe a green color...anything but whats on there now
30. MikeTom (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
If it's true that they going to launch jellybean on SGS lll it will be the best device and fastest of samsung products for now .
34. CupZ83 (Posts: 18; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
If any of yal on VZW like I am from what I hear we wont get the JB update til Q3 13'
38. poojaroy (Posts: 52; Member since: 29 Apr 2012)
i got my 2 updates on time on my s3 n m frm india.thats pretty fast nowdays frm samsung.i saw the the article here on phonearena that samsung has rolled out update for s3.than i checked it was there and continuesly i got the other 1 aswell...i was impressed by samsung ...there they announced n here i got it.so jelly b will also b on time this time on my s3 as soon as they announce.things hve changed ppl believe me m happy now
44. gucci11a (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
My Samsung Galaxy i9300 SIII International Version / To Update 4.1 Jelly Bean / Realse Date /