OnePlus pulls another provocative promo: smash your old phone to get the OnePlus One for $1
Sounds like material for a great marketing campaign, doesn’t it? So far, the OnePlus One has pulled one of the most success publicity stunts in recent history, securing coverage in the most prominent media outlets in the Western world, and that’s rarely happened before, especially for a newly born phone company out of China.
OnePlus One chief executive Pete Lau has done this with a lot of teasers, a super-ambitious “Never Settle” motto, and tons of work on the actual product, of course.
So, are you ready to sacrifice your old phone in order to be among the first few to get the OnePlus One?
If so, just head over to the source below to register for the promo - the smashing action kicks off on April 25th, in just two days.
source: OnePlus One
27. PunyPoop (Posts: 741; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
It doesn't mean that if you change your avatar, you're excluded as a troll. You know Smurf stop acting like you know everything, okay?
39. Teja171 (unregistered)
He's somewhat associated with phonearena. Nobody can get him removed from this site.Let him be here posting some stupid crap all the time. After all he doesn't have anything useful to do. Didn't you get a doubt about the number of posts he posted ? He is a complete rubbish dolt always busy flagging others. I'm sure he would flag this comment also. USELESS PapaSmurf.
Also, people hit a like to his worthless meaningless useless comments, only because of fear that they might lose their profiles. He only uses the word " Troll " all the time. Actually he trolls for the most part.
10. shuaibhere (Posts: 1671; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
This phone isn't worth note 3...
It's superb phone if include the price point...otherwise it's a normal flagship...
23. SleepingOz (unregistered)
You meant your HTC, right?
2. xoxoGeorges (Posts: 207; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Can't you buy a $30 Nokia and smash that?
6. Manti123 (Posts: 149; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
Yea, I'm afraid you will break your room floor instead of Nokia's bad boy
Don't try it and switch this time to BlackBerry
25. mayur007 (Posts: 466; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
by smashing it with nokia phones only :P
its the only way to break nokia phone :P
35. ernanimachadoalvarenga (Posts: 2; Member since: 20 Apr 2014)
Nokia Lumia, any of them, is easily smashable.
11. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2866; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Don't do that otherwise Ground, Floor, Axe, Hammer, etc. all will break.
3. AfterShock (Posts: 2955; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Perfect time to pick up a 520.
I see a good reason now.
29. UglyFrank (Posts: 576; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
Best comment since that one about the S5 apology edition
38. elitewolverine (Posts: 2054; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Prism will do just fine, a new phone being sold with 2.x droid on it and not upgradable to 4.x At least the 520 actually runs an OS and not acts like it runs an OS.
7. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1379; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
i tried this with my Nokia , the hammer broke
22. Ashoaib (Posts: 2424; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
That hammer was probably made out of paper, which is given to kids to smash things around... go to hardware shop and ask for a real one... hey, but dont tell you parents, ok?
31. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1379; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
guess i better not use my plastic hammer from my play set then :D
13. iTechies (Posts: 81; Member since: 28 Dec 2013)
youre not worthy enough to smash my G2. smashing this phone over G2 might do.
17. CyberFalcon (Posts: 172; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
HTC should learn a thing or two from these guys...
Their marketing sucks...
19. frustyak (Posts: 168; Member since: 08 Mar 2010)
I have insurance on my IPhone. I could smash it, get the replacement, then sell that and I make a couple hundred bucks for switching phones. Neat.
20. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 439; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
And I could just take video of me smashing my old Pantech Burst that I don't use anymore and sell my Nexus 5.
26. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 312; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
For anyone deciding to do this, please remove your old phone's battery first.
32. apple4never (Posts: 974; Member since: 08 May 2013)
probably the only comment that isnt worthless +1
30. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2010; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Lol what idiot , would smash their phone,. . I'll smash one of them demo phones.. Lol tf I look like..
33. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3705; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Wish OnePlus put their effort into making more phones and not inventing silly marketing schemes.
34. galanoth (Posts: 339; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
I have an old flip phone.
Does that count?
36. steelew (Posts: 72; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Did anyone else NOT see mention of an micro SD card slot? WTF man, that's a compromise and I would have to SETTLE to buy another phone without a micro SD card slot.
40. luvshiv (Posts: 15; Member since: 18 Oct 2014)
If Anyone wishes to buy OnePlus One 64 GB Sandstone Black Global version ( Please note its OnePlus One 64 GB Global Version), then Please feel free to contact on +919819799592.