Nokia teaser hints of new high MP camera to be announced at MWC 2012
The Nokia N8 sports a 12MP camera and there has been some speculation about two successor models, one powered by Symbian and the other by Windows Phone. If all of the rumors are based in truth, we will be looking for a high-end successor to the Nokia N8 with a new "Pure View" camera with at least 12MP or higher. And we should see this device introduced in about a week at MWC 2012 with a Windows Phone variant and one powered by Symbian.
We will be in Barcelona for MWC 2012 to bring you the best and most complete coverage of the expo. The festivities kick off off February 27th.
1. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
hm.. i was seriously considering a lumia 900, but if these pics are from the actual phone, it might be worth the wait…
they really need to get that lumia to att, otherwise it will be way behind
2. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 805; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Holy smokes! Bye2 point and shoot anyone?
3. Penny (Posts: 1309; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Sweet looking images. Was going to survive with the cracked screen of my phone till the end of my contract, but a device carrying this camera might prompt me to buy it off-contract.
4. weirdfisher (Posts: 51; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
it will be a symbian, not windows phone:)
11. chapizzo (Posts: 116; Member since: 13 Sep 2011)
windows phone is not yet that good on the camera front.
12. rex1213 (Posts: 77; Member since: 29 Jul 2011)
I agree... This one would still be Symbian. After all, Windows Phone 7 has a lot of hardware restrictions.
13. Penny (Posts: 1309; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
The HTC Titan running WP7 currently has a 16MP camera. For the most part, the camera isn't one of the things that is limited by WP7, the only exception being 1080p video recording as that is largely dependent on having a better processor than the single core processors WP7 phones currently have.
15. DIYguy (Posts: 190; Member since: 27 Feb 2011)
Dude, that doesn't necessarily make it a good camera...
16. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
So what? It has 16 mp but photos are not even comparable to S II.
HTC cannot make good camera modules. They don't know how and this 16 mp model is the best example.
18. Penny (Posts: 1309; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
My point wasn't that the Titan 2 has the best quality camera, I was just pointing out that there is no such camera quality restriction on WP7 as rex1213 suggested...
5. MNX1024 (Posts: 13; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
They should put this on meego. If so, definitely going to be my new phone.
6. bbblader (Posts: 584; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
well lucky me that my new phone just broke
i will wait untill it comes
please let the best rumor about this phone: 24 Mpx+ Optical Zoom+ 1.4 Ghz proccessor+ Nokia Carla+ 1080p Full HD Video be true
8. tigermcm (Posts: 787; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
lol you're so right when saying RUMOR with these kind of specs
10. Jericho (Posts: 302; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Maybe they are releasing the 12 mp lumia because of Titan II i think.
17. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 447; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
it looks like captured by an DSLR. haha. but it really displays a very good detail if it is a phone.