Nokia Lumia 925 is the first phone with six-element camera lens, ISO 3200
12. wendygarett (unregistered)
13. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
WELCOME BACK WENDY AFTER A WEEKS VACATION BY PA™
This time we hope you don't Troll like last time, they PhoneArena keeps sending you away to holiday.
Now lets see if you can stay and post for a week, good luck...
46. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
PA should send you to vacation in hell ASAP.
15. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Stop it Wendy, don't tell me that you want a vacation by PA again.
There are no more vacations for you. If you keep trolling, PA will send you away to the dumpster.
16. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I"m surprised that experiadroid has not been given a vacation by PA yet.....?
When was the last time they sent you away Experia...?
21. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
They didn't send me away before. And why would I want a vacation from PA? I will faint if they give me a vacation.
36. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
TROLL and wendygarett are very likely the same person: a paid shill, working for the competition, and their sole purpose is to write hateful and dishonest comments about Nokia and Microsoft.
NOTE: All of their comments should be deleted due to their past violations, and their accounts should be suspended indefinitely. PHONEARENA, please stop allowing this website to become the sounding ground for paid employees of other companies looking to interfere with the review and feedback process.
45. samsunggalaxylover (Posts: 37; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
I'm just asking.
How many elements does the galaxy s4 have?
47. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Only if Nexus 5 runs Windows 8 OS :P
6. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Noise will be the challenge for the L925. HTC used larger pixels to improve light capture. L925 is going with multiple lens elements. The proof will be in the pics.
59. hipnotika (Posts: 353; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
i have also htc one. and more iso has bright photos but has more noise. it is disgusting :S
14. wendygarett (unregistered)
Unfortunately, Nokia fans will deny any cons of the device :(
27. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
and trolls like you would be thinking of a thousand cons and ignore the innovation. that's understood, you're a troll.....
37. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
TROLL and wendygarett are quite likely the same person: a paid shill, working for the competition, and their sole purpose is to write hateful and dishonest comments about Nokia and Microsoft.
NOTE: All of their comments should be deleted due to their past violations, and their accounts should be suspended indefinitely. PHONE ARENA, please stop allowing this website to become the sounding ground for paid employees of other companies looking to interfere with the review and feedback process.
38. lovefist (unregistered)
yup, 200 to 400 iso is more than enough for me, anything higher would have too much noise.
4. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Wow must give credit where it's due™
Sony Exmoor RS sensors are on par with this, Cyber Shoot, Carl Zeiss....?
7. juandante (Posts: 460; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
3200 ISO or 3200 times more noise ? What's the reason to put 3200 ISO on a so much small sensor.
Xenon would be far a better idea.
PS: I'm waiting to see the result thus, because Nokia is a BIG lier (cf: the teaser for this L925)
20. Whateverman (Posts: 3237; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Thank you for that steelicon! You gave me my first laugh of the day...that was a classic! +100
11. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
it means that iso 800 will produce lesser noise.i think.
24. jacobspeeds (Posts: 36; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
it means double the noise of the previous step of iso...i.e.,1600ISO...each step goes like 50,100,200,400,800,1600,3200ISO...each step has double the noise of the previous but will help reduce blur by greater extents at higher isos and also produce better photos in low light
50. Diazene (Posts: 129; Member since: 01 May 2013)
because when you're shooting outdoors, xenon flash and OIS wouldn't be that effective, the aperture and ISO are more important
41. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
It has 5, like every other smartphone camera.
19. mamba (Posts: 18; Member since: 13 May 2013)
true hardware innovation.... Not some samdung software gimmick...
23. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Lol samdung....a person with sub par iq might actually laugh at that...
43. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
well considering you started your comment with ''lol'' it implies you were laughing out loud at it so you have sub par iq apparently
49. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Its something called sarcasmm and it was aimed at the original sammy hater above. But yeh it was meant to be sarcasm but its hard to accomplish that with a keyboard :/
51. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
More like jealous of the software, that you can't have and enjoy.
Please don't be jealous™
22. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
People are disappointing about this phone. But when an iPhone is released every year with small improvements everybody calls that REVOLUTION.
25. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Wrong it gets bashed and hated™
Any Apple article. Bluesky you're not new to PA, what are you talking about...?
Look at every Apple articles, dated 3 years ago, its all hate and Trolled™
28. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
it's ok, Apple products from 3 years ago are the same products they have now, there is no innovation in apple...
57. Jack1192 (Posts: 35; Member since: 30 Mar 2013)
Apple has been getting bashed in the comments by users since quite a while but not so much by the writers on tech websites (not until recently).
26. jacobspeeds (Posts: 36; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
yea...thats coz apple cant come up with any other models...
30. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Oh come on, now. Reading your post, one would think Apple is BB/RIM. My biggest objection with Apple is their dated UI. The camera routinely scores in the top 3 each time a review is done. Of course, Apple doesn't make the camera module.... ;-)
At least give them credit for recognizing good quality. ;-)
32. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Not that, but after the teasers it's fair to call it a disappointment. To be honest, I expected much more than just a rehashed 920. Thanks to this, it now means last three major announcements: iPhone 5, S4 and this have been largely based on evolution of phones than any revolutionary thing. Hopefully, Jolla does something good next week.
29. Muzhhur (Posts: 258; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
well definetly this isnt de EOS Catwalk, I think it gonna land in september.. hope so
33. mrmessma (Posts: 128; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Either way, the more light the better, think how clear pictures would be with 6 element lens and a xenon flash.
35. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 864; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
Even with all that technology, the xenon flash would still be extremely useful, so don't say it lowers the need for one. Xenon > LED. Go ahead and try and freeze motion with an LED flash.
39. omar300 (Posts: 209; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
3200 iso because picture with even more grain looks awesome!
40. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
TROLL is a paid shill, working for the competition, and his or her sole purpose is to write hateful and dishonest comments about Nokia and Microsoft products and services.
NOTE: All of their comments should be deleted due to past violations, and their account should be suspended indefinitely. PHONE ARENA, please stop allowing paid employees of other companies looking to interfere with the review and feedback process!
48. deburocks (Posts: 126; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
hahaha....i really wonder where samd@ng and ipoop stand in front f this monster nokia, this aluminium clad superhero will definatly burn some @ss 4,s and make smbdy p@@p in their I"s. Ip@@p. Lmfao. The device itself feels premium and luxurious. Atleast it wont heat upto 55 degrees like the plastic toy and wont b sensitive enuf to break apart when dropped. Nokia u really hit a smashing shot. The device makes my mouth watery enough. The premium feel, the awesum screen, the best touch and stupendious camera, those kewl camera apps and half a dozen nokia custom free apps. . I really wonder will @$$ 4 melt or ip@@p will break apart due to shame. . Nokia u really are a merciless creature.. Hehe
52. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Who cares about camera.
Specs is all that matters™
56. deburocks (Posts: 126; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
even chinese phones have better specs then samd@@g and ip@@p at lower price. If specs mattrr then go for it. But wonder how many chinese cmpanies can copy the camera that nokia introduces. And btw what will i do with specs???? I dont play games the whole day or waste my time downloading apps. I use camera as much as possible and thats what everybdys doin clickin pics and f.b upload. Can u tell me what else u can do with higher specs that u cang do with lower specs windows or nokia has????? Just curious to know?
54. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
I'm OK with the camera on my 920. It's not the best (and this definitely looks like an improvement) but it does the job a lot better than so called "flagship" devices like the iphone 5, galaxy s4, htc one, xperia z and optimus g
55. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
The Lumia 920 has a 5 element lens module as well.
60. R-vjn (Posts: 172; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
I don't get it..the thing about the 3200 ISO. My Nexus 4 can go beyond ISO3200, but the noise is horrible though..!