New video with an eventual iPhone 5 part emerges, this time of the backplate
1. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
if this is true, apple making 4 inch phone, im switching to apple, because all this 4,7-4,8 inch monstrosoties are too big for me, and you just cant find 4 incher with high end specs and high end screen
11. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
thx for the dislikes, but this is just my personal opinion and does not have to be your opinion too. btw show me one 4-4,3 inch smartphone with 300++ ppi screen, have in mind that the screen is of the biggest importance for me...I know about sony xperia s but i dont like their UI
17. tizz06 (Posts: 12; Member since: 17 May 2012)
on verizon you have the rezound that comes in at 4.3" wit a pixel density of 342 ppi which is higher then the iphones so theres one for u
27. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
4,6 is to big for me...but today i played with one x and i really like it but it is just damn to big...
35. Commentator (Posts: 2600; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
No forthcoming smartphone besides the iPhone looks to be that small with that good of a screen so, loathe as I am to say it, the nexy iPhone is your best option.
36. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
thank you, finally someone who understands me :D
44. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4144; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Like you said, theres the Xperia S, but if you don't like the UI, you can always put a custom ROM over it, or a theme.
23. Sangeet (Posts: 232; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
If you really hate so big screens then don't get one, no one is forcing you to get it..!!
24. iami67 (Posts: 318; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
you are allowed to have your own opinion but atleast be correct about your facts buddy. there are tons of phones with way higher ends specs then Iphone. and hi ppi numbers arent the only thing that makes a screen great.
30. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
now yes, but I said "if this is right", and you or me or anyone doesn't know what will iPhone 5 bring to town, so I said "if this is true" and I know that high ppi doesnt make a screen but it is a big part of it, and iPhone 4 had the best screen on the market when it came out so it is safe to think that iPhone 5 will folow, and because we know how good today screens are I am excited to see what will iPhone bring.
31. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
In video he repeatedly ask himself "Maybe it is part of iPhone 5 ?" and I don't understand why he is asking because he should know it better because he get this part from somewhere or maybe he found it on the sidewalk??? I don't think so!
I'm not sure, but it may be just a 'hidden' advertisement.
40. whothisperson (Posts: 102; Member since: 06 May 2012)
I found it funny that he kept saying that, it sounded like he was saying it in a sarcastic way. He kept saying that because he did not want to jump to conclusion and give false information that "THIS IS iPHONE 5 back plate" rather he was just putting it out there that this is possibly the back plate for iPhone 5.
49. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
but he get it from somewhere and that's mean he should know more about this part. Right? :)
3. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5657; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i think these are pretty solid leaks here guys. o:
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
i will not buy or hype a product which made from patent troll
5. wendygarett (unregistered)
looks like htc has design this (oneS)
28. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Yep, I wonder if HTC has this design patent..
47. bayusuputra (Posts: 949; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
that looks like the faceplate of the EVO 4G.. and i thought the article was about the EVO.. oh, wait, apple has all the designs patented.. HTC, pay up! the iPhone is coming in a few months!
43. E.N. (Posts: 2385; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Let's not pretend that Apple's suits are the reason you're not buying an iPhone.
6. mandkeee (Posts: 80; Member since: 27 Feb 2009)
trust me guys...apple is way much better than android....
and also samsung copied too much from apple products....
15. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
"apple is way much better than android"
First of all, no one can have respect for you or faith in what you type on the internet before you take a first grade English course.
Second of all, Apple is a company. Android is an operating system.
Finally, your argument has no reasoning. Tell me WHY iOS is better than Android. Don't just ask people to trust a random stranger on the internet.
I hope I've improved something here.
32. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Is school out for the summer? Run along now
25. iami67 (Posts: 318; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Actually samsung made most of apples products and apple has coppied off of everyone including samsung to make there product. Apple has openly admitted that they take there ideas from others to make there own. Nothing apple does is creative. Look at the last Os. There big changes were copying off android with the notification bar. and then siri which was around for years.
45. E.N. (Posts: 2385; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
how can you say that nothing Apple does is creative? Multitouch, touch to focus, putting an accelerometer on a phone, proximity sensor, their web-kit (used to design safari mobile and the android browser), their design, iMovie, location based reminders, retina display, etc etc. Apple is a very creative company, whether you like it or not, and they introduce a lot of new ideas. Don't be a follower and just repeat everything all these fanboys on the site are saying. It takes a while for Apple to introduce new technology, but when they finally do, its usually really really good.
The only thing at all that Apple copied from Android is the notification bar, and that's it (at least that I can think of). And from what I'm reading, the notification bar was on symbian first!
What has Android done that's so creative?
7. GeekMovement (Posts: 1700; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Never had high hopes for the next iphone but looks ugly as heck already. Iphone 4s looks much better still design wise. What's with the multi colored back? Looks like an htc rip off.
8. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 379; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
It's not like Android have a good-looking phone anyway... I can only think of Galaxy Nexus
14. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Your avatar is funny but, your a hater dude. There are plenty of good looking android phones. Just look at the One series.
42. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 379; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
I will only give it to Sony for design =)
That was just my own opinion. I am a Galaxy Nexus user
16. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Galaxy S3 is pretty nice, One series is beautiful, Many Sony phones have excellent designs, et cetera, et cetera...
9. bbblader (Posts: 585; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
someone has the same design like its older brother
12. takay0 (Posts: 144; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
i dont think its real, the phone is longer but not wider and the screen size will be 4'... its will be ugly to see!
29. Gsmalltheway (Posts: 156; Member since: 15 Aug 2009)
It has already been confirmed that the iphone will keep the same width in pixels to help app developers. So this frame could be the next iPhone
13. mercorp (Posts: 987; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Nice look!reminds me of the lg chocolate..
18. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I think he should have used the 4's plate to compare thickness instead of the phone itself that plate is missing innards and other parts that COULD make it bigger
19. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
Wtf is with all the apple hate? Why would you click on an apple article just to downvote anyone who says they prefer apple to android? It's just rediculous the Android fans on here , I mean Android can be nice but it's not the only os out there and doesn't deserve to be touted above anything and everything else.
20. andro. (Posts: 1975; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
The iphone ios has already begun to look like android with pull down task bar now the external designs are starting to resemble some of the top android handsets,wasn't apple a company which self claimed to innovate and not copy?
33. dcgore (Posts: 209; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
No worries. Next up is instant notifications from Steve Jobs himself from heaven. You'll hear his voice as soon as you get a text. That's only if you're signed up for "the cloud."
34. quakan (Posts: 1245; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
I actually kinda hate product/part leaks...it ruins the release of a product if the leaks are true.
38. arsenaljimenez (Posts: 151; Member since: 03 May 2012)
it is only thinner because it doesnt have the glass on the back or the front. add that to the 5 and it is exactly the same thickness.