Motorola to announce a new smartphone on May 13, is it the Moto E?
Motorola Moto E. As reported earlier this month, the Moto E should be ultra-cheap, allegedly featuring a 4.3-inch 720p display, 5MP rear camera, dual-core 1.2GHz processor, 1GB of RAM, 4GB of internal memory (hopefully expandable), and a 1,900 mAh battery. It’s said that the handset is only 6.8mm thin. The one improvement we're all hoping to see, though, is in connectivity - the affordable Moto G did not support 4G LTE, and this new handset might finally right that wrong.
Motorola is already selling the Moto G and Moto X in the UK, so the upcoming event is definitely about a brand new handset.
As you may know, a new Moto X+1 is also supposed to be announced later this year. However, we’re not expecting this to be “priced for all.” Anyway, whatever happens on May 13, we’ll be here to let you know.
6. skinny95black (Posts: 113; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
Seriously how the hell did they think the 360 is phone even though there was an article about the 360 watch
8. buccob (Posts: 1335; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I never said it was a phone... Im just stating that Moto should focus on releasing the 360 Watch! instead of cheap devices... the G is already cheap enough
9. a_merryman (Posts: 630; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Not for a lot of people in the developing world. Or even poor people in the developed world. And they already said the 360 is coming this summer. I'm patiently waiting for the successor to the Moto X, hoping those 2 come around the same time.
18. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6196; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
exactly they say the 360 is coming this summer.
4. akki20892 (Posts: 3295; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Moto E will be big hit like Moto G.
Big Sell Numbers.....
5. Anshulonweb (Posts: 292; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
price it between 130-150$ and Motorola will have another successful smartphone like moto g....[only if it has micro sd card slot,]
10. frustyak (Posts: 147; Member since: 08 Mar 2010)
I think they should call it the Moto Rola.
11. downphoenix (Posts: 2285; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I hope they aim for a $99 price, since it seems the Moto G is going for $149/179 based on memory versions. (I know the prices are more like 179/199, but prepaid carriers tend to sell it a little bit cheaper than the unlocked models). I dont think this phone is worth releasing if it's any more than that. The 99 price will also line it up as a direct price competitor to the Lumia 520/521.
12. zachattack (Posts: 540; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
The Moto Especially bad? See what I did there
13. SamDroid (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)
Why did motorolla have to go with stock android. ITS HIDEOUS, PERIOD!
17. jellmoo (Posts: 643; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
One very good reason is that it allows them to get updates much more quickly than other devices. Heck, the Moto X had Kit Kat before the Nexus 4 did. Another is that Motorola devices can still absolutely fly without needing the sheer horsepower that heavier skins require.
24. CyberFalcon (Posts: 132; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
Dude are u saying that Google's Design is HIDEOUS????
26. SamDroid (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)
Stock Android is hideous. I don't get why you guys love it
27. Chidoro43 (Posts: 16; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
Because it's not hideous
and it's fast, smooth, intuitive, and customizable
28. SamDroid (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)
It looks plain and boring. I usually install CyanogenMod coz of all the hype around it but it always feels hollow to me so I end up going back to stock on my phones
14. Totse2k15 (Posts: 233; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Moto G II 2014, please. $99-$199 with newer/boost in specs, new design, too.
16. mokhtar (Posts: 200; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
MOTO A , B , c , d ,e , f ... x y z hahaha
19. express77 (unregistered)
720p screen but 4GB internal memory! What?
21. skinny95black (Posts: 113; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
Yes they are and as I see it they best company that deliver fast updateds and best day to day usage they dont but gimiki features in their phones also with a hardware that delivers best usage with the software snd let me talk about the good price
22. FriendsOfSamsung (unregistered)
I was about to say that