Motorola holding event on September 4th: Moto G 2, X+1, and 360 on the way
1. DogeShibe (Posts: 1106; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
Interested in X+1.
I see what pa did with the article image,clever
8. aayupanday (Posts: 568; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
The Image is a screenshot from the invite... PA did nothing.
9. Commentator (Posts: 3388; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Well, they cropped it and made it a thumbnail image. I don't know if that's all that clever, but it is something...
29. brrunopt (Posts: 735; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
LOL , somehow my coment changed to "loading"
The image makes an "X" and a "+" , maybe we will see the X+1
13. DogeShibe (Posts: 1106; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
Oh didn't knew...i should come more often here...
40. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
iPA is only waiting desperately for their precious iPhone which doesn't matter. cause the X1 AND NOTE IV will be the TOP TWO PHONES. especially on my list.
2. DouchebagWendy (banned) (Posts: 15; Member since: 14 Aug 2014)
I think I'm pass, thanks but no thanks Moto :)
6. nohatenofanboy (banned) (Posts: 515; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
your name says it all. but I still suck your t*ts
32. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
You know that ain't a woman in reality right?
35. nohatenofanboy (banned) (Posts: 515; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
yes. also Im not a cat in real life
27. hurrycanger (Posts: 1545; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
I don't care.
I still like Elly though. xD
21. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3686; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Depends on camera for me, I'm leaning more for Moto though ^+^
23. sgodsell (Posts: 2660; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
If your not a developer and don't root your phones or tinker, then the Moto X+1 will better. Not to mention the unique things like the active notifications and Amoled display will be on the Moto X+1, Moto Assist, spotlight, and a few other that are all unique to Motorola. Nexus devices are stock devices without any OEM or Carrier bloatware.
The cameras are both 12 mp on the Moto X+1 and the nexus 6, which leads me to believe that they are the same camera.
26. surethom (Posts: 526; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
Me 2 but I hope this time Moto are not stupid & release the Moto x+1 in the UK sooner & the 32gb version this time.
38. PryvateiDz (Posts: 127; Member since: 31 Jul 2011)
I'm in the same perdicament. But like StraightEdgeNexus, I'll probably got with the Moto X + 1. Loved the original X, but I felt like it was such a downgrade in certain areas to my HTC One (M7).
5. Mreveryphone (Posts: 209; Member since: 22 Apr 2014)
So many announcements on and around my birthday! *September 4th*
7. nohatenofanboy (banned) (Posts: 515; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
yeah one of them will be your present
12. brrunopt (Posts: 735; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
IFA starts at September 5 , many companies schedule events in the 2 days before
10. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5691; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
okay, we'be got a lot to be excited about right there around the same time. watch Google announce their announcement right there at the same time if they haven't changed their mind already.
I guess Motorola plans to unveil the new Droida closer to the Holidays.
36. Doakie (Posts: 1760; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Of course they do. They'll be announcing the Z3 in September, Z4 in November and Z5 in December. Didn't you know? They're going to a new 12 flagships per year release schedule!
15. frustyak (Posts: 197; Member since: 08 Mar 2010)
Little old lady walks into the cell phone store
Lady: I need a new phone. I heard there's a good one, I don't remember the name, it has an 'S' and a '5" in it.
Clerk: Ok, do you want the 5S or the S5?
Lady: I don't know. What's the difference?
Clerk: They're both good, but expensive.
Lady: I don't want to spend a lot. Just give me a G2.
Clerk: Which one?
Clerk: There are two G2's. One from LG and one from Motorola.
Lady: I can't decide. How about a One?
Clerk: Which One? The first One or the second One?
Lady: First one what?
Clerk: The first one One or the second one One.
Lady: Why isn't the second one the Two?
Clerk: I don't know.
Lady. Forget the one. How about an X?
Clerk: Which one? Nokia or Moto?
Lady: I'm out of here...
19. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3686; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Lmao, I've read this somewhere, not original bro :p +1
31. hurrycanger (Posts: 1545; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
This... reminds me of the HTC T-Mobile G2.
39. Johnnokia (Posts: 958; Member since: 27 May 2012)
coming soon.. Z3
BlackBerry or Sony ?
16. salaal (Posts: 109; Member since: 08 Dec 2013)
The Moto G2 should at least have a snapdragon 410! 5" screen is okay but the height shouldn't go over 5.5" . 8MP/2MP cam is okay water resistance should also be added the rest isn't needed to be updated just keep the price 199$ 16gb
17. NexusPhan (Posts: 600; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
You're either being sarcastic or are just an idiot. I honestly can't tell right now tho.
18. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3686; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Can't wait for the Moto X+1. I want it badly. Aluminium frame, front facing speaker, curved beauty... OMG!
The deciding factor will be the camera. It should be on par with galaxy s4. :)
22. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Bout damn time 360 have a date. I may sell my Z1 for the X1 Motorola. They are kicking a$$ with their updates. Just need the 360 price tag.
25. surethom (Posts: 526; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
What is really needed is for Motorola to release the Moto x2 outside America straight away jot the usual 6 months later & the 32gb this time aswell not just the low 16gb.
28. RohanM (Posts: 136; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
Moto G2 is disappointing.. only screen size bump.. X+1 may be interesting though.
30. Sniggly (Posts: 7297; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Can't wait for September 4th now. It'll be fun to see the official announcement for the Moto Algebra. I'm hoping that if there's a Nexus announced soon that it ends up by Motorola too. It's actually kind of annoying that it's taken 6 Nexuses before Motorola gets their chance to shine.
33. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4239; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
They had the Xoom, which was pretty cool and Nexus-y at the time. Not a phone, but still. And the Moto X was closer to a Nexus than any other phone ever was.
What I'm really interested in is if they'll just hope aboard the Snapdragon 800/801 train, or modify it to make it a successor to their X8 SoC.
48. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3686; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I hope they put the language processor too. Moto X perfectly picked my words and recognised it. Even the S800 monsters failed there :)
34. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Well, they should get two cracks at it like the other OEM.
It be nice to see some carbon fiber and or Kevlar being used again by them on it, but I guess I'm dreaming there.
42. nathan.carter (Posts: 416; Member since: 11 Aug 2014)
I'm so glad Motorola is out of the picture now. you might not believe me but its only a matter of time before they let the HTC NEXUS ONE out in the open. Can't wait.......
43. Sniggly (Posts: 7297; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
What do you mean Motorola is "out of the picture" now? All signs point to the next Nexus being by Motorola as well.
44. nathan.carter (Posts: 416; Member since: 11 Aug 2014)
Because the bench you see is for the moto x2. The specs you see are for the nexus
Moto is basically a nexus device with pure android. Why does it need the nexus moniker? It doesn't the only manufacturer that is worthy of the nexus name is HTC.
45. Sniggly (Posts: 7297; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
"The only manufacturer that is worthy of the Nexus name is HTC."
Google has disagreed with this assessment for over 4 and a half years.
And there would be a difference; the Nexus would not have all of Motorola's proprietary softare and such.
Now frankly I would rather have the Motorola device with lower specs and all their customizations than a Motorola device with better specs but lacking any of their special customization.
However, I find it exceedingly unlikely that HTC will be making the Nexus 6.
47. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3686; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I just hope the next nexus is not from LG lol.
46. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3686; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Better not talk if you know nothing. Nexus is not just about stock android, it is for developers in the first place. Nexus devices have the widest support from android community. Moto phones come with slightly(but valuable) tweaked android.
49. nathan.carter (Posts: 416; Member since: 11 Aug 2014)
Well you are right about that one. But.....moto when it comes to phones is a great phone period. Why would moto be the next nexus when they're releasing 2 more phones. One flagship and one budget friendly phone. All I'm saying is...the only reason google would make a deal with moto is because of moto maker. Custom nexus to your liking. But google is apparently doing their own version of this for the nexus 5. So past articles up until now have lead to the HTC. Now with HTC releasing a crazy 805 qhd 5.5 in phone with the processor clocked at 2.6 ghz, its too close to launch to be seeing all this HTC and none of it is a leak.