Moto X+1 with leather back caught on camera
1. Lt.Green (Posts: 397; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Would be cool if the logo also acts as a power button ala G3.
23. RandomUsername (Posts: 808; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
I think it acts as a button for voiceless control, maybe :)
28. NexusPhan (Posts: 600; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
What the hell is voiceless control? Fingers?
30. sgodsell (Posts: 2816; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Do you even know about the original Moto X. Where its touch less voice control. NO TOUCH AT ALL. So why would you need a button for voice at all.
47. VZWuser76 (Posts: 3328; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Why have a button for Touchless control? Kinda defeats the purpose.
36. TechNeck (Posts: 233; Member since: 29 Aug 2014)
What if it had LED Notifications... That would make this phone More epic * v *
26. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I must be the only one who uses cases. I personally don't care how the phone looks from the back side and I don't care if the phone is plastic or metal. My primary interaction is with the screen and buttons.
To me the phone looks fine and I dig the dual speakers on the front. People are making a big deal out of nothing and I've been a Samsung owner for the last 3 years.
29. ProblemSolver15 (Posts: 244; Member since: 14 Jun 2010)
Oh, but I love me a nice backside, if you know what I mean. Lol
41. jeeta444 (Posts: 144; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
i dont know what design people want these days??
they speak same words for every upcoming phone Z3, ip 6, moto x+1 ,"ugly , horrible, yulk" blah blahhh...
6. daftside (Posts: 13; Member since: 26 Apr 2014)
Welp looks like the ugly pics leaked earlier is close to legit after all, time to abandon ship!
48. loyd112 (Posts: 13; Member since: 23 Aug 2014)
well nope the only thing that doesn't look good is the camera if you ask me
i hope that's not it ......they should've gone witha nexus 5 looking camera
7. ManusImperceptus (Posts: 724; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
I like it; way better than uncomfortable metal...
9. rd_nest (Posts: 1490; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Not worried about plastic/metal. But that back looks tacky.. Not classy. And don't like that huge "M"
10. scarface21173 (Posts: 87; Member since: 17 Aug 2014)
Leather, Wood and Metal all cool to me, at least you have a phone with options my only problem is what colour to go for.....
11. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
That Motorola logo is huge, I hope it's a button or it will light up.
14. Sniggly (Posts: 7301; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I'd have to see and feel this for myself, but it looks all right from this photo.
31. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4250; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
It looks like it has a skin rather than an actual different material built into it, the camera ring looks like it's sunk in. And the Motorola button/logo on the back doesn't look as big as it did in the renders, it's smaller than the top of a person's thumb.
I'm liking it so far. You can see the plastic inserts on the corners of the phone, which mean there's a metal band around it. I loved the metal accents on the Razr HD, so that's good.
15. 1701nino (unregistered)
What is wrong with Motorola???I don't get it?How come a company that made a beautiful watch like the 360 makes horrible looking phones.Obviously they are capable of making high quality tech.
16. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm confused since still to this day the Moto X runs buttery smooth. Please elaborate more sir.
17. Sniggly (Posts: 7301; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
He's talking more about the physical looks of the phone. I personally like the looks of the Algebra, but it seems to be a polarizing design. I think it's the prominence of the camera module and Motorola logo-which still isn't as big as the Apple logo on iPhones.
18. LoveHater (Posts: 172; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
With those tiny lens,, itwill not be night cather
19. Sealblaighter (Posts: 181; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
It looks ugly, and where is the LED flash?
21. Sniggly (Posts: 7301; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
It's two flashes, and they're embedded in the rim around the camera lens.
42. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The camera might be better at macro shots with those two smaller LEDs in those locations.
20. DefinitiveKid (Posts: 195; Member since: 15 May 2013)
From the leaks I've seen so far, it seems like the Moto X design doesn't translate very well into a bigger device, it looks really bad...
22. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Nice, with an interesting touch. Flash looks like a nice design but overall design is too...pedestrian?
24. taz_chaz (Posts: 25; Member since: 29 Aug 2014)
thats a big lens...shall expect good things for its camera?
25. Professor (Posts: 204; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
It seems Motorola is taking the same route of Apple were style is more important... Not my style. As an engineer I follow the rule FFF (form follows function).
33. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
And in what way does this suggest any sort of function has been compromised?
27. Heatfan316 (Posts: 592; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
A real leather back would mean you have a much better grip on the phone and would equal less drops, especially with one handed use. So yeah I'm all for it.
32. Sharky (Posts: 230; Member since: 24 Jun 2008)
I think the biggest thing in terms of how good (or not good) the design is the metal sides. I'm not really fond of it and it breaks up the design of the phone. The material should have wrapped completely around the edges, that's what made the Moto X look so good. This design just looks a bit on the tacky side.
34. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5704; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
looks good. i can definitely see this selling but i'm not going to opt for leather since my Note 4 will probably have Leather on the back. that would be a little too much cow hide for me...
35. ryanlockovich (Posts: 27; Member since: 17 Jul 2014)
Looks nice, but I'm waiting for the Moto S
37. Pattyface (Posts: 1355; Member since: 20 Aug 2014)
I like the leather back. I like the phone other than the supposed prices.
38. masuod (Posts: 13; Member since: 05 May 2014)
Is this really note 4
Phonearena please translate it
39. Scott93274 (Posts: 3566; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
I probably will not be getting a new phone this year. So far I'm very happy with the performance of my Moto X and see no reason for an upgrade. Maybe when the Moto X+2 comes out I'll be ready for an upgrade.
40. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I had high hopes for this but it seems like it's pretty ugly.
44. ultrasound (Posts: 15; Member since: 29 Jul 2014)
That's a different take/angle on the flash embedded in the camera lens. Hopefully the camera in newer version of the phone, because currently I'm using the Moto x as I speak, the camera is decent but other than that the phone on opinion is in the top ten class. Anyway props to Motorola.
46. Af1rPA (Posts: 618; Member since: 12 Jun 2014)
I dont know about that silver/grey edge. Just not feeling it.
I hope their will be the black weave version like the Moto X.