Mockups on video show us what the next big thing is...for Apple
And we would be amiss if we didn't point out that these dummy mockups were apparently obtained from Sonny Dickson. He's the Australian youth who made Tim Cook and crew shake their fists at the mere mention of his name last year, when he obtained all of those Apple iPhone 5c casings and leaked them weeks ahead of the unveiling.
While we still remind you to take these leaks with a grain of salt, and use your cynical eye when viewing them, there does come a point when the old saw "where there is smoke there is fire," needs to apply. We might not be there yet, but we are getting close.
source: 9to5Mac via SlashGear
27. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2671; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I thought PA fixed it when I tried couple of times but unable to post blank comment and now it's open again. :)
15. networkdood (Posts: 6271; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Cool, I never realized that one could leave a blank comment...great comment, btw...
30. Ashoaib (Posts: 2132; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Next big thing?? This news is misleading, title should be " Mockup video show us what the next Small thing is"
2. chistoefur (Posts: 54; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
Not too sure how I feel about the design yet, though I definitely appreciate the larger screen.
But since it runs iOS, I still wont get it :l
19. Peeyushmalik96 (Posts: 67; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
same here though I like the iOS but my main problem is its restrictions. I am used to customizations on my android none of which can happen on iOS(without jailbreak).
28. Doakie (Posts: 1258; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Well I can't help but be disgusted with how Apple has pretty much just stolen everything from the HTCs M7 and M8. 4.7" screen of the M7, design of the M8, Beats from the M7..... C'mon Apple I know your visionary Steve Jobs is dead but at least try to be original...... It's so pathetic.
3. gigaraga (Posts: 1065; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
I'm still wondering how Apple is going to make the 'back' button more accessible on its with a large screen device because the back button is almost always on the top left, which is impossible one handed. Good luck with that.
7. NoFanboy (Posts: 222; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
On ios 7 you could go back in safari just by swiping the page backwards. Wouldn't be surprised if they implement that in the whole UI
12. nctx77 (Posts: 524; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Not only that, but the back button in safari are at the bottom. I'm not sure what gigaraga is talking about. Maybe they are talking about certain apps.
21. Sauce (unregistered)
Not just Safari, but system wide
23. Utopian (Posts: 22; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Same thought here. It may annoy us after, say, a couple of weeks of usage.
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8337; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Lol that camera lens on the gold one is disgusting.
6. NoFanboy (Posts: 222; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
That ring around the home button should light up
9. fzacek (Posts: 1710; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Hmm, it's not really the iconic iPhone design anymore...
31. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
yes there is no WOW factor about it bcuz it looks like ipod touch and previous iphone. I liked the design of iphone 4 cuz it was unique. this concept looks good
btw. except that lines at back side..
32. Cicero (Posts: 372; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
They borrow something from x, something from y and something from own backyard and at the end voilà the iphone 6.
13. blingblingthing (Posts: 435; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Bezels gone wild. Why haven't they left the iPhone 4 design modeling?
14. E34V8 (Posts: 53; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
Good and stylish design from Apple, as usual, but 138mm for a 4.7" screen phone... that's not a good screen to bezel ratio. An old Optimus G E975 is 132mm with 4.7"screen.
Anyway, the bigger screen is a long, long overdue change for Apple .
16. networkdood (Posts: 6271; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Cool, this is only like what? The 13th article about what the iPhone 6 may look like? ALmost as bad as the gazillion articles on the different cases for the SGS5 (except, at least, you can buy those).
22. Sauce (unregistered)
Go somewhere else if you don't like it. No one is forcing you to visit this site except yourself.
(On a side note to all the users reading this: This is what the mentality of a dope looks like)
25. promise7 (Posts: 433; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
3D printed schematics that were made available to the public last week...
I still think this design that is leaking everywhere is the next iPod Touch, and that the iPhone 6 design will look similar to the 5/5s but larger, slightly thinner, and hopefully minimal side bezels.
29. TechDork (Posts: 236; Member since: 10 May 2010)
I don't think it'll look like the 5/5s because supposedly they were going to be taking design cues from the iPod 5th Gen.
34. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
yes bezels too much bezels maybe bcuz its waterproof. but ugly
39. PBXtech (Posts: 980; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
I remember when Apple was able to keep secrets. Those days have passed.
40. almostdone (Posts: 121; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
The huge bezels are not noticeable on the black version... When the screen is off lol
The one with white bezel looks like a toy phone.