Lenovo also tries to poke fun at Samsung following Ellen's Oscar selfies
Ellen’s original comment on the record-breaking selfie is: “If only Bradley's arm was longer.” Besides Bradley Cooper and Ellen DeGeneres, the photo includes stars like Meryl Streep, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Lawrence and Kevin Spacey.
Of course, the presence of Lenovo’s Vibe Z at the Oscars would’ve been rather pointless - the company does not sell smartphones in the US at the moment. Still, Lenovo is buying Motorola Mobility from Google (the deal should be closed later this year), and this will allow it to enter the North American smartphone market.
31. Ashoaib (Posts: 2283; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
"Grapes are sour"... every manufacturer is trying if it was taken by their phone, it might be better... fact of the matter is they all failed to do what samsung has done, a great selfie regardless of how many megapixels it is...
6. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3556; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Don't they realize that they are just making Samsung more popular?
39. decent4u (Posts: 73; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
+1 for u
But I think they are just using the most popular tweet for promotion of their stuff.Without spending a single dime they are promoting their products.
4. aayupanday (Posts: 517; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Now Oppo's gonna come up sying that they should've used the 13 MP N1.
5. christophersalse (Posts: 98; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Didn't Ellen use the Note 3's front camera, not the rear camera?
14. SPASE (Posts: 84; Member since: 03 May 2013)
She did indeed use the front camera and not the main.
not bad for front...
8. PBXtech (Posts: 980; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
When everyone is against you like this it usually means you're doing something right. Still an interesting rain parade on SS though.
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8665; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Apple and I know this feeling. Let the haters hate. All it does is make you more famous. :')
21. hurrycanger (Posts: 1190; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
At first I was like... "What? You're famous?", but I finally remember. xD
41. emadshiny (Posts: 1135; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Sony will never these childish affairs.
Sony is a prestigious brand.
45. royalsovereign (Posts: 37; Member since: 01 Mar 2014)
Yes,sony never do such things since they are a real tech giant, these. Stuffs are losers reaction.
10. Lampriya (Posts: 207; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
All are just crappy toys from cheap Chinese firms. But let those crap have fun, brag each other for a while. And when the king iPhone 6 comes out, those losers will cry badly...
15. Scott93274 (Posts: 1182; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
You do realize that the iPhone is built in China right? Samsung also provides the screens and RAM for the iPhones... probably more than that, but I can only say for certain those two components.
16. Lampriya (Posts: 207; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
Designed by Apple. It means Apple is the boss to tell their employees to assemble it. Assembly in China doesn't mean it is chinese product.
17. Scott93274 (Posts: 1182; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
The phone is designed by Apple, but it's not their employees that manufacture it. It's a third party vendor producing the phones under contract by Apple. That company is called Foxconn. They also make the same phones that you were talking crap about. The same phones with clearer & larger displays, better cameras, touch-less controls, with higher capacity batteries, exchangeable batteries, upgradable storage capacities, more durable screens, and many are waterproof. So, before you talk crap about other branded phones, think about ALL the stuff your current phone lacks and take things into perspective.
22. Lampriya (Posts: 207; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
hahaha. don't talk sh*t too much. Sale number says it all!!! If all those crappy chinese firms are that good, they should have been no1 already. And plz, do not compare A BMW car vs Dong Feng car. :D
24. Scott93274 (Posts: 1182; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
Apple is dropping close to SINGLE digits for smart phone GLOBAL market share. it'll happen sometime this year I suspect with how rappid the Android mobile devices are taking over. The sales of the iPhone are miniscule compared to Android devices.
25. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8665; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Yet they sold how many handsets last year? Exactly. Thanks!
28. Scott93274 (Posts: 1182; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
They sold 26 million in the quarter immediately following the release of their new phone, with was a whole 2 million short of their projections which caused a significant drop in Apple's stock. Take into account that they have somewhere around 15% or less of the Global market share, that means for ever one iPhone purchase, 8 or 9 people bought a alternate branded smart phone. Suddenly that does seem all the impressive compared to the 221 million other branded Smart phones that were bought in the same time frame.
26. Lampriya (Posts: 207; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
Keep dreaming. and also, u should wait for samsung galaxy s5 neo, s5 mini, s5 minus, s5 mini neo, s5 mini neo plus. lolzzz
48. rueleonheart (Posts: 20; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Oh and don't forget Samsung Galaxy S5S, also known as Samsung Galaxy S6.
34. VZWuser76 (Posts: 1578; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Just because something is popular, doesn't mean it's the best. If that were true, singers like Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber would be the greatest singers around, and that's a world I wouldn't want to live in.
38. Scott93274 (Posts: 1182; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
How many peope bought pet rocks in the 80's? lol
51. williamdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Please dont insult my 2003 BMW e46 330CI by comparing it to your precious Apple.
46. 1701nino (unregistered)
You do realize that foxconn builds also samsungs,lg,sony products basicly 90% of the entire tech world.So whats your point that every brand out there is a chinese toy???
32. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
Hurray Htc! no one wants an Htc bro
52. williamdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Still cant compare to the camera on the Oppo N1.
13mp Front and Rear camera :P
13. Scott93274 (Posts: 1182; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
I don't know how Lenovo's cameras rate, but I hope they're better than Motorola's and will share that tech with the next Moto X2.
18. Whateverman (Posts: 3224; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Okay PA, time for a front facing camera blind compassion. Make all of these guys put up or shut up. Let's see who comes out on top. My guess is the 5MP will be hard to beat, but who knows.
20. Scott93274 (Posts: 1182; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
Good idea! That front facing camera gets too much use to ignore.
50. williamdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
My bet is on the Oppo N1's 13mp camera as it can swivel to be used as a front facing and rear facing camera
54. Scott93274 (Posts: 1182; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
But wouldn't that count as cheating? ... I guess not actually... lol. We have a winner!!!
55. williamdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Well not really since it was designed that way but i see what you mean haha
19. dontneedtoknow (Posts: 151; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
If HTC had announced it's all ne htc one, I think htc would have fun of Samsung as well with 5 megapixel camera that's meant to be in it. I'm not not a isheep but I haven't seen apple bash other companies. They never compare it to any other like Samsung does or Amazon kindle fire hdx
23. Whateverman (Posts: 3224; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Well, let's not forget the whole "I'm a Mac... I'm a PC" thing they had going for some time. And when antennagate went down, they threw up a mess of videos claiming it happens to other phones too. Don't get me wrong, it cool that Samsung is getting a taste of their own medicine, but all of them do it.
36. VZWuser76 (Posts: 1578; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
I seem to recall one of Apple's people, can't remember his name, who never fails to mention how inferior android phones are to their products when doing their presentations. Now obviously he's not going to say that they're better when trying to promote their own products, but he could just not saying anything at all. But make no mistake, Apple isn't immune from slinging sh*t around, none of them are. That's the trend these days, rather than talk up their own stuff, they have to bag on their competition. Getting to be as bad as political ads during an election. I'm just waiting to see an ad along the lines of "LG, they're for cancer" or something of the like.
44. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 407; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Yeah, they bash just as much but it's during they're presentations.
Doesn't justify it for either side, it's annoying.
56. Whateverman (Posts: 3224; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Right! The guy making fun of people "running around bumping phones". Yeah, that was a cute little jab at Android and NFC but everyone I use it with finds it very useful. Apple always degrade ideas they didn't come up with but to hold back NFC because you can't patent it or claim exclusivity is just backward thinking and one day Apple fans will wake up. No offense to the Apple fans out there.
35. Scott93274 (Posts: 1182; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
Well obviously, they're the most successful Android OS developer. I’m curious how things are going to work out after they drop Android for their own OS.
40. GeekMovement (Posts: 1505; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Did they already announce that they're going to drop Android sometime in the future? I'm curious about that as well. I think it's cool that Samsung is working on their own OS, but from what I've seen so far, I doubt it's going to go far. I think even non-tech customers will notice how different it will be from the Galaxy they knew before. If it doesn't have those core Google apps & services and the touchwiz features... I don't know, I just don't see it doing as well. But it'll be too soon to say that since Samsung stated that it's not time to release Tizen yet so I'm guessing they're going to work on it a lot more. I'm guessing they're going to carry over some touchwiz features to their own os.
43. Scott93274 (Posts: 1182; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
I have yet to hear any announcements just yet. Though they make so many changes to the Android OS, it's painfully obvious that they're not content with the overall look and feel of what they're currently using. I don't think they'll use the Galaxy brand for Tizen, that's an irreversibly Android brand name. Of course all speculation on my part.
49. rueleonheart (Posts: 20; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
They are probably tired of waiting for updates from Google so they want their own OS that they can have full control in. They can release updates a lot faster. If it can run android apps then I am okay with it.
37. Odiin (Posts: 272; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Samsung's task is accomplished. Nokia LG now lenavo also giving free publicity to Sammy. Thats the power of Samsung. No matter how much we all critisize Samsung no one can beat sammy in marketing. We have to give credit where its due.,
53. garyII (Posts: 160; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
i bet sammy will give them (LG, Nokia n Lenovo) back something....wait and see...haha