Leaked image shows Samsung's redesigned S Voice app
Leaked image of Samsung's redesigned S Voice app
The update and redesigned look will probably debut on the Samsung Galaxy S5. S Voice (no, the S does not stand for Siri) was originally introduced in May 2012 by Samsung and was soon surpassed by Google Now. The latter not only answers your questions, sets alarms and sends texts among its capabilities, it also sends out information like stock prices, weather forecasts, sports scores, movie times and directions when you need the information, without asking for it. As a result, most of those sporting a Samsung flavored smartphone with both S Voice and Google Now on board tend to favor Google Now and have never even touched S Voice.
Some are comparing this new look for the S Voice app to something you would see on iOS 7. So far, the early reaction to the new look for S Voice is favorable.
source: @SamMobiles via BGR
1. protozeloz (Posts: 5378; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Still looks horrible don't know why they are even trying
9. protozeloz (Posts: 5378; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Well.. There is a screenshot right there, and by the looks its not looking any better
7. protozeloz (Posts: 5378; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I have seen it on the S4 (current version) it's slow, provides you with nothing Google now (probably already installed on your phone) Doesn't do(unless you are into toogle settings all the time) has less voice comands that any other assistant I know of
13. mottykels (Posts: 371; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Well i prefer s voice than google. S voice is so easy to use
21. rd_nest (Posts: 769; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Simply because they 'can', and they will keep trying till they get it right.
BTW, Google Now is useless outside a few 1st world countries. I have disabled Now as it sucks battery like a bitch in my N4 without any significant advantage.
4. darkkjedii (Posts: 11450; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Badly needed, other than lack of auto video compression/auto editing, this is the worst part of my note 3. Thank god for google now.
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I've disabled S-Voice the day I got my Note. Google Now simply cannot be beaten.
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 11450; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I've never tried to disable it. Ho do you do it?
8. protozeloz (Posts: 5378; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
You go to settings-> application-> on device tab then look for it, tap on it and tap disable
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 11450; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Cool I'm out and about with my 5s at the moment will do it when I get home. Can the double click then be used to access Gnow?
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
19. protozeloz (Posts: 5378; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Not that I'm aware of, but I think There is an app for that
15. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Don't use either have both disabled.. Just don't find any use.
14. gustavoace (Posts: 96; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
The most overestimated app of all time (as well as siri) IMO.
17. sam3k (Posts: 34; Member since: 02 May 2013)
I hope this will improve the speed of s voice, I still use it when I'm doing something and I want to control the music payer with just my voice, siri or Google now can't boast that feature.
20. tedkord (Posts: 4807; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I'm not sure what you mean by control the music player, but I can just say, "Play [song name]" and it launches in the player with Google Now.
24. sam3k (Posts: 34; Member since: 02 May 2013)
I'm talking controlling volume up and down , pause track ,change track, ext, siri and Google now can't do that..
18. sam3k (Posts: 34; Member since: 02 May 2013)
Plus on the note 3 you can wake up s voice from the lock screen just like the moto x.
22. PK1983 (Posts: 172; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
S-Voice has an ugly interface, a very robotic and somewhat creepy voice, and is dumb as a sack of potatoes. Google Now and even Siri blow it out of the water.
23. cc3493 (Posts: 155; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Why does it look kinda like a wp app? The three dots in the upright corner are like the three white dots that WP uses for setttings and etc...
and its got some similar design to windows phone...
25. V3TTOO (Posts: 27; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
I am wondering if this is Samsungs integrated version after Google had a talk with them.
If you search for Google and Samsung, you will see the articles where Magazine UX might be killed and shared pattents between the two.