HTC One grabs “Best Device” award at Computex 2013
The One has already won the “Best New Mobile Handset, Device or Tablet” award at MWC 2013, and now only adds to its list of medals. Taiwan President Ma Ying-jeou himself presented the award to HTC.
"For the new HTC One to win yet another international award, it demonstrates how HTC’s proven design capabilities, both in product design and user experience, is bringing a new perspective to the industry," HTC Chief Marketing Officer Ben Ho said. "We will continue to innovate and provide consumers with the highest quality products."
The HTC One became the winner amidst 254 nominants and obviously a huge competition. It has also started selling well which is great news for ailing HTC.
source: Hardware Zone
1. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Here I come htc one!!! XD
9. tech2 (Posts: 2204; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
So you waited 2 months for an award to make a decision for you about buying a product rather than judging a product by your own needs ?
Seriously stop trolling. No need to start fan wars for no reason !
11. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I don't care, let it begin....and thank God PA removed the down thumb. Such a relief to begin with!
13. tech2 (Posts: 2204; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
I remember one comment of yours saying ' zero f*cks given for down thumbs'. Why so relieved, if you were never bothered ?
15. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
It has often been a starting point of fanboy wars...if you know what i mean!
And i'm stating that, simply.
17. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Why no thumbs down today. I mean why remove? just askin..
18. tech2 (Posts: 2204; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
As Nathan_ingx said, people just started abusing them. Specially fans who can't bear to hear anything bad about their beloved company.
But, TBH I dont think thats the solution. PA, should allow the commenter to see who disliked the comment rather than removing it completely. Many other sites practice the same
21. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I don't think that will be a good solution either.
If you know who thumbed you down, you will be automatically inclined to do the same to the person who did that. It's only natural...we humans.
27. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
agree but if you can see those who are thumbing down, especially those who do it on every comment in a certain article it would show who the trolls are and P.A will have no excuse but to ban them
28. tech2 (Posts: 2204; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
No but then trolls can be identified. They can then be either reported or simply ignored, your choice
31. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Hmmm...guess we are in a delicate situation here. Haha...
43. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
another idea would be the only way to thumb up or down is to comment aswell
so basically if you give someone a red you also are made to comment too, stops the needless red as you see who's commented so they cant hide
44. tech2 (Posts: 2204; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Nice suggestion. Better than mine I'd say !
50. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Guys, if there's no red then where will all the thumb down trolls go???
They will either leave or, at least, have no choice but to comment. Thus, easily report-able or ignore-able. PA made a good move with it i should say.
53. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
true but theres still the problem of over used green thumbs, when fanboys say something against another company and 15 fellow fanboys thumb them up
plus the fact even the saddest of trolls like wendy and troll get thumbed up by there duplicate accounts etc....it wont look good for this site if one of wendy's idiotic comments only has green
55. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Look it"s all the Nokiawp8symbian users, fans complaining about thumbs down, cause there scared cause Android, fandroids are more on the net than pathetic wp8 users, who they start to ask for help for PA to resolve there problems. So they can't argue nor dispute and call them trolls, cause there own platform is a fail.
When was the last time Nokiawp8 won an award, never...
56. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
What do you expect there are more fandroids on PA then BS useless wp8 users.
We outclass you all
61. bulgyjj (Posts: 27; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
They might but you don't outclass anyone..he'll my dog is more intelligent.
85. ncarlosmiguel (Posts: 206; Member since: 14 May 2013)
Acting all neutral and anti-fanboy when in truth, you're just a NOKIA FANBOY bullying people.
Why so paranoid with duplicate accounts here in PA? Don't you have anything better to do with your life than worry about thumb downs or fanboys? Sad life I say.
86. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
well troll, considering your another dupe account
please prove im a nokia fanboy, go on i will wait
as for the rest of the drivel you have written i wont waste my time, your just trying to start an argument where there isnt one. go sign into one of your other accounts and give yourself some thumbs up to make yourself feel better
88. ncarlosmiguel (Posts: 206; Member since: 14 May 2013)
Because youre always quick to defend other nokia trolls and quick to jump on samsung/android fans.
I dont thumb myself up unlike you. LOL seriously man theres life beyond this site. You should use those tech to improve your life not be obsessed with it. Dont let simple thumbdowns or people with duplicate accounts(if any) bother you.
Anyway havent seen you for a while. Got banned or something?
89. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
name these nokia trolls and give links where i defend these people or hush
and i hope P.A start looking at i.p address's etc and start takin action against your many accounts troll. as for theres a life beyond this site and then saying you havent seen me in awhile......your contradicting yourself first implying i never leave the site but then saying ive not been on in a while
your are stupid, and nope no ban, i know you move from account to account when one is banned but i only have the one.and again P.A show who thumbs who up and shut this idiot up. unlike you i dont thumb myself up considering this is my only account.....you have discussions with your dupe account thats tragic lmao
troll along now, you have bs to spread
90. ncarlosmiguel (Posts: 206; Member since: 14 May 2013)
Well, I'm not gonna dig up all the articles to look for a reference. Everyone here knows you're a nokia fanboy and you know it yourself even if you deny it.
91. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
nope prove it, go find articles and comments where i blindly praise nokia , im waiting
there isnt any, besides ive been defending HTC more recently as your kind love to try and slate there efforts.
question-why do you feel the need to have so many accounts? are you that sad and lonely
92. ncarlosmiguel (Posts: 206; Member since: 14 May 2013)
My kind? What exactly do you mean my kind? The kind thats only trying to express how they feel or what they think about an article which is what the comments section is all about?
Why are you defending htc? You paid by them? You feel like its youre job to bring truth and justice to the internet? LOL thats sad and lonely.
Trying to open more than 3 tabs in my iPad mini when im trying to read articles here on PA makes me log in again and that really annoys me, why would I make more accounts to log on with? LOL
80. jaychildz (Posts: 106; Member since: 31 May 2013)
Yea i just realized that, its like the haters are there but we aren't aware
25. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
actually I'm waiting for note 2...:)
39. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
right now I'm using note 2..
so wait for note 3>>:)
48. zhiae (Posts: 178; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
this changed my mind i hope it change urs
we want supported device htc one is not supported well im right
81. wrm2013 (Posts: 183; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
I love mine. Coming from a gs3. 4.7 is perfect.
4. Dadler22 (Posts: 161; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
really want a decent verizon version of this device. Day by day T-mobile is looking like the better choice
78. Whateverman (Posts: 3225; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I made the move a couple months ago, so far I love T-Moble! Great choice if it works in your area.
5. tiara6918 (Posts: 1443; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Htc one is the best smartphone in the market right now! Just accept the fact fanboys
6. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
Congratulations HTC! But still I prefer Butterfly!
32. darkskoliro (Posts: 990; Member since: 07 May 2012)
buy a htc one and ill gladly swap with you. haha
40. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
I prefer Butterfly but I don't say I will buy it. Back of the Htc One looks good but I don't like the front(to small screen and big bezels)
41. darkskoliro (Posts: 990; Member since: 07 May 2012)
True. Im waiting for next years HTC...hopeful on hidden boomsound speakers for less bezel :) That would be awesome
7. mi55u (unregistered)
It just a baby award....
10. amansingal14 (Posts: 289; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Why has PhoneArena removed the thumbs down feature? Just Asking.
BTW, bitch please, its Computex award. The Golden Globe of the digital world.
16. mi55u (unregistered)
because ios7 is going to launch soon, so no red thumb allowed
19. ap2012 (Posts: 12; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Since there's no longer a red thumb, I would just comment the word red thumb
22. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
12. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
All best to htc hope it put the rumours to end.
14. JMartin22 (Posts: 1221; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Aside from cheap soda can aluminum that chips and scatches easily, the only stand-out feature that was worthy of praise was the dual-front facing stereo quality loudspeakers. But that's it.
36. JMartin22 (Posts: 1221; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
They don't even have the best in-class 1080p screen calibration technicians. In fact, the Full HD Super AMOLED panel in the Galaxy S4 has more realistic and sharper image detail.
42. darkskoliro (Posts: 990; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Explain how I troll, this should be interesting.
52. JMartin22 (Posts: 1221; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
You have nothing of intellect to add, then you're a troll.
54. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
you think highly of yourself, judging by your comments it seems you dont like the HTC one so the question that needs asking is why are you commenting.
as for praising the s4 for its screen there are a good 20 others like you that will praise samsung on every article
the screen comes down to personal choice some prefer the HTC ones screen overs done. as for the more realistic comment i will let that slip. the human eye wont be noticing much difference anymore as both are excellent in the screen department
''Aside from cheap soda can aluminum that chips and scatches easily''
wheres your basis for this then, do you really want to talk about cheap when you praise the samsung.
58. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
What's you'r problem if he dosen't like Htc!
Really you can't tell.. is that why when you zoom in the more clearer and fine it looks.
The more the ppi the finer and refine it looks. You are talking nonsense.
So what if he praises Samsung, what is is your problem, that there's hardly any Nokiawp8symbian fans now..
There are more Samsung Android fans than BS wp8 users.
Stop the jealousy you big bully, and start to contribute and have an argument than saying he is that, he is this. No need for you'r angry and raging thunder violence. You pathetic kid stop you'r bullying you mad crazy little boy.
Please you are still not fit to post
Take anger management classes
Or try Karma
Trolls are much better than you'r bullying.
I could understand why you'r name is Chaoticrazor, suits you'r personality, you crazy little kid®