BBM for Android and BBM for iOS now available from the App Store and Google Play Store
Not only will you know if some one you are corresponding with is writing you a response, you can even tell if a message you wrote has been delivered and read. BBM is open 24/7/365 so there is no need to open the app. And the famous BlackBerry PIN system means that your phone number or email address do not have to be given away.
Right now, BBM allows you to chat with up to 30 users at a time and you can share documents, voice notes, files, photos and more. Eventually, BBM Video Chat and Screen Sharing will be available with an update down the road.
Screenshots from BBM for Android
source: BBM (iOS|Android)
21 October BlackBerry releases BBM how-to videos for iOS and Android
21 October BBM for Android and BBM for iOS now available from the App Store and Google Play Store
21 October BBM for Android and BBM for iOS to be released today
15 October BlackBerry CMO says BBM for Android and BBM for iOS is just days away
3 October BBM beta testing starts again with new version of the app
1. kid.wonderbread (Posts: 38; Member since: 16 Dec 2009)
Haven't really used BBM. Serious question. What makes it that much better then Hangouts?
10. rdaex (Posts: 96; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Deliver & Read receipt
Secure form of communication
No phone number required
Hangouts generally sucks
12. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1633; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
"hangouts genrally suck".....haha good one!!!
2. apple4never (Posts: 970; Member since: 08 May 2013)
got it, seems ok it took too long though
3. roldefol (Posts: 3128; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Too little, too late. I used to hear from BB users going on and on about how great BBM was, but they've long since moved on to iPhones and Galaxys.
4. md227a (Posts: 127; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Installed it and set it up, but can't do anything till any of my friends install it. If they even bother because of all the other options already available.
5. boomboom (Posts: 53; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
does it required wifi connection all the time to send msg?????
6. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
not at all! it will be using pigeons to send and receive the messages... isn't that nice?
33. reckless562 (Posts: 998; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
pure AWESOME slam bro!!! was like a special move lol
16. julz17ronald (Posts: 45; Member since: 26 Apr 2013)
I have installed BBM and it's working fine except It won't allow me to change the profile picture. Maybe a bug or server is busy.
19. uchihakurtz (Posts: 273; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Installed it and it's looking nice, I like it.
20. tigerdollars (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Takes forever to set up bbm...blackberry respond to Nigerians call
21. remyrz (Posts: 190; Member since: 28 Oct 2010)
download it and it says its servers all full, i have to wait till they email me when there's a spot... -___-.. geez
25. Ikechukwu (Posts: 147; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
Same here. It's like am on a long line. Pathetic
26. Sire3008 (Posts: 87; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
Finally... Will you be allowed to chat with BB owners? Or just with people that downloaded it in the same way as you did?
27. saenaedewe (Posts: 62; Member since: 01 May 2013)
Yes you can chat with BB owners. I have already tried it with my wife (which still uses Blackberry phone)
28. E.S.1 (Posts: 294; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
What makes it better then WhatsApp for example?
29. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 224; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
I am also thinking..let me use ..everyone say BBM,BBM all time..let me see what is there inside :P
30. saenaedewe (Posts: 62; Member since: 01 May 2013)
It's just the same messenger like the others, but I still installed it anyway...
why? because most of my colleague in my country still uses blackberry phones and BBM, they won't give up the phone and BBM because they also still have a lot of their colleague using blackberry and BBM...
35. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Too little, too late. None of friends have blackberrys anymore. They are all using whatsapp on Android. Blackberry should have done this last year