Apple iPhone 5S new home button leaks: is that a fingerprint scanner built-in?
The image right below shows a redesigned home key allegedly from the iPhone 5S. The new button is described to feel different to touch. The home key is said to have a brushed material feel and be a bit elevated, softer to touch. All of this could mean there indeed is a fingerprint reader integrated in it.
The image right below is too blurry to pass some form of judgment on it, but it’s worth noticing that with so much smoke there should be fire. In either case, Apple is expected to unveil the iPhone 5S on September 10th, so we’ll learn all about in just a week. Stay tuned.
1. PunyPoop (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
This looks interesting! Bring it on Apple! But please lower the price :)
2. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2291; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Sorry, prices will never be low, because it's Apple dear.
7. AnTuTu (Posts: 621; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Apple has lost its ground and I really doubt this device would change anything for them.
I don't know what they are thinking right now and how they are planning to compete with other giants like Sammy, Sony, LG, Moto, Nokia, HTC and even Oppo ??
12. ardent1 (Posts: 1991; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Only two smartphone manufacturers generates an adequate ROIC -- return on invested capital. Remember that [ROIC minus WACC] times Capital Employed = EVA.
The first company is Apple. The second company is Samsung, who was adjudicated for stealing Apple's ideas.
The rest of these companies might not be in the smartphone business or as a standalone, respectively. Moto got acquired. Nokia is being acquired.
Apple lost ground??? Please stop drinking the koolaid.
14. AnTuTu (Posts: 621; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Doesn't matter what formula you gave there it doesn't change the fact mate. Just wait n watch.
18. tedkord (Posts: 4254; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
And, Apple was adjudicated for stealing Samsung's ideas. You keep forgetting to add that. I wonder why?
20. willard12 (Posts: 686; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Wasn't apple adjudicated for stealing Samsung's ideas and had to have the president bail them out? Speaking of ideas, which of those ideas that Samsung stole was an original idea? Slide to unlock, pinch to zoom, the rounded corner, rubber banding? Please tell us what Idea is actually Apple's to be stolen. Or, what did Apple INVENT? Remember the jury foreman from your favorite trial, prior art doesn't matter.
13. power_x (Posts: 204; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Oppo is a giant ?
Hhhhhhhhhhhh what a joke AnTuTu
15. AnTuTu (Posts: 621; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
When I say giant doesn't mean what they have got in the banks but what kind of devices they have produced. I hope it makes sense Hhhhhhhhhhh power_x
27. yogesh19841984 (Posts: 4; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
what apple has produced and what apple is producing is being copied by Samsung and other android devices. but fools like you have no knowledge about phones. you just go for big screens and powerful lagging devices with full of malwares. take a bit knowledge which I give you for your future better choices. buy iphone if you want a better quality phone with no lagging at all and without any virus or malware. buy heavy android devices if you want lagging, virus and lots of quality issues. and yes apple is not ahead it terms of only bank balance but apple is ahead in terms of selling device. iphone 4 and 4s is outselling your galaxy s3 and s4. these are older model.
33. AnTuTu (Posts: 621; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Hahahaha so you gonna teach me how to buy a new smartphone n what to expect from them?? Listen dude I don't want to be rude but take your iDevices in your a$$ n don't give me your crap here.
I love about iFans like you how you start crying if someone tell you guys the truth. I still try very hard to understand the difference between iphone 3 n 5C hahahaha now sit in a corner n cry like a baby lolzzzz
35. pept68 (Posts: 11; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
looks like you need to get your facts right!!! The S4 outsold the i5. Comparing the sales of i4 and i4s against the s3 or the s4 is just plain old stupid!! older models against a flagship phone?? REALLY!!! Lets compare all of samsungs older models and compare it to the i5... Dumba$$
You are a typical fanboy!! no lte on iphone, lte sucks.
no nfc on iphone, nfc sucks. Small screen on iphone, large screen sucks.... but when apple finally gets around to it, it's the best thing ever!! enjoying the extra row of icons on your i5?? your welcome.
So glad i dumped my 4s!! not only am i enjoying the freedom... but not being associated with wacko's like you...#priceless
34. power_x (Posts: 204; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Then wake me up when Oppo make a great phone that will sale all over the world
19. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1106; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I don't understand why people believe that prices will save Apple. A good number of people want a large phone and iOS is not flexible enough to support different screen sizes and resolutions. Apple had an opportunity to fix that in iOS 7 but ignored it. Eventually Windows Phones will catch up and beat Apple in this department very soon. Come spring time 2014 Apple is going to be in a world of hurt due to slow iPhone sales.
Apple is letting Microsoft catch up; Android is doing it's part. It will be Blackberry all over again. That new Nokia Bandit phone looks very good and I would buy that over Apple's offerings and I'm a Android guy.
23. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3738; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
That looks like one of those CHEAP Chinese knock-offs. I don't think it's the real at all.
3. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2291; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Fake... they're keeping fingerprint scanner on the screen. How would a big finger be scanned through this tiny thing?
6. _Bone_ (Posts: 2103; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
You have the wrong fingers. Try a different hand!
11. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2291; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Let the phone come, I'll try both hands' fingers. :)
4. ScottSchneider (Posts: 312; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Looks like the home button is slightly twisted... IMO this is not the scanner...
5. Davcoss (Posts: 4; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
New home button ? They just turn the side WTF
8. Finalflash (Posts: 1416; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Who cares if the scanner is even in the phone. What matters is what they plan on doing with it.
9. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
why apple doesnt release 4+ inch phone :(
26. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5523; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
5S is a refresh of the 5 (like how the 4S was a refresh of the 4). New design elements (larger screen) will have to wait for the iP6.
10. valapsp (Posts: 469; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
THE QUESTIONS IS how could it be a scanner?
17. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 413; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
It doesn't look convexed as the rumor said.
21. kg4icg (Posts: 65; Member since: 18 May 2008)
If that is a finger print scanner, I have some beach front property in the Mojave to sell to any one for cheap.
25. iampayne (Posts: 205; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Maybe its just me but Im looking at an iPhone right now and the above button just looks to be turned 45 degrees. Call me crazy but I think this is a hoax or someone should try harder when posting a story.
28. nxl2610 (Posts: 49; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
Well ,Apple make good phones and iOS isn't that bad ,if they have a phone with screen size over 4.5" i'll definetely get one. But until then ,i'll stick with Note 3
29. jskates420 (Posts: 40; Member since: 29 Jun 2013)
For a leg and a arm,not worth it sorry apple
30. Taters (Posts: 2579; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
If they actually turned the home button to the right to make a diamond instead of a square that would be a terrible idea. I know a diamond is just as symmetrical as a square but after seeing the square for long, that diamond just looks uneven.
31. kozza3 (Posts: 574; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
same home button tilted to the side and you call that a fingerprint scanner? lol
32. PAPINYC (Posts: 2173; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
That's the big upgrade!!???
A different Home button???!!!
I want my money back (in advance)!!!!!!