Apple Maps app is powered by TomTom
2. KissyQueeny (banned) (Posts: 17; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
If the new maps app is entirely powered by Siri, then, how will the users whose language isn't yet supported by Siri, be able to use it? I'd prefer it had the Siri as well as the menus and buttons option.
3. dickwyn (Posts: 602; Member since: 07 May 2012)
its supported by most of the main languages now. should cover more when iOS 6 launches
5. KissyQueeny (banned) (Posts: 17; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
unfortunately, I'm not from a country where such a "main" language is spoken. Plus, if Siri ever speaks Croatian, I don't believe it will do it as smoothly and correctly as it does English. So, until they update Siri, the maps app will remain useless for many croats (for example)...
6. OMHwhoGIVesAF (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
OMG than don't buy it than... DUH!!!! nobody cares if YOUR language is supported or not
7. KissyQueeny (banned) (Posts: 17; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
Ignorant douche. You make it sound as if only one language wasn't supported... NOBODY cares? And who do you think you are? Everybody? Everybody who doesn't speak one of the few "main" languages will clearly agree with me.
4. lzsbleach (Posts: 155; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Damm TomTom Is one of the best GPS money can buy, so that means the GPS on the iphone is going to be real good.
8. sprockkets (Posts: 1555; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
...unless it keeps telling people to keep to the right every 400 yards.
btw google maps accepts input via voice as well, and so do most new gps'es, big deal.
9. miguel6632 (Posts: 21; Member since: 25 May 2012)
tom tom its hurting i guess later they will get bought out by apple but we will see. i ave a tom tom in my car and i always use my android navigation its just way more accurate