AUO demonstrates world's thinnest-bezel display
The 4.46-inch display comes with a 720p resolution and having almost no bezel makes the image you see appear larger than it is.
In addition, AU Optronics demonstrated its AHVA Advanced Hyper-Viewing Angle screen. The 4.97 AHVA screen sports a full HD resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels, and is again manufactured with LTPS technology.
Finally, for tablets, AUO has the 10-inch ultra-slim display sporting an impressive 2560 x 1600 pixels of resolutions. The display uses indium gallium zinc oxide (IGZO) for better power efficiency. Interestingly, the upcoming Nexus 10 tablet by Google is said to feature a display with the same resolution.
source: AUO via SlashGear
AUO’s new displays
1. AU Optronics' 4.46-inch display with world's narrowest bezel
2. 1080p 4.97-inch screen
3. AUO also has a 2560 x 1600-pixel 10-inch screen
1. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 364; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
for upcoming galaxy s4 or Galaxy Note 3
15. Dacha (Posts: 12; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
You are so wrong. AUO has an agreement with Sony. The Xperia Odin, Yuga and Dogo will use the displays.
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
Why Taiwanese can enjoy this such beautiful concept looking phone and US can't :(
3. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
It's a display and not phone. Phones with this type of screens will come next year or so.
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
but isn't it concept looking? LOL
9. wendygarett (unregistered)
You don't need to compromise me by saying 'just kidding', because you maybe right...
I really wish Apple should stop this patent war tho...
6. someones4 (Posts: 619; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Shove this into a Galaxy smartphone and it shall be my best friend
7. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1145; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
this is an epic screen. lol
3rd gen nokia lumia should have this.
4.5" on 768p today, 5" on 1080p the other...
8. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
They have some other interesting stuff down their throats.
11. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1145; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
please do tell me their secrets.........................
10. xfire99 (Posts: 542; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
I dont want a phone or tab with so thin bezel, just make it more annoying, when fingers touching the screen when holding it with one hand and why do people wants so thin bexel for?
Sure it looks very nice, but wont work well in real use and the phone must be thick to hold and not touching the display while holding it.
12. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1145; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
is LTPS new screen tech like amoled, lcd?
-----atleast phone manufacturers have option to use the reduce bezel, or just add bezels to it for comfort.
-if so, then they only want the 1080 x 1920 pixels for 5inchers. thats still huge ppi on new LTPS tech
13. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Wenda... Did Apple do something to you???
Wake up! This is not you...you love Apple, you love A-P-P-L-E!
16. Dacha (Posts: 12; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Sony, AUO seek closer ties for AMOLED, DigiTimes reports.
Those displays will be used on Xperia Phones and Tablets.