AT&T HTC One receives update to support new LTE bands
With AT&T expanding its LTE coverage to include new bands, the carrier needs to make sure that its 4G LTE models are able to support the new frequencies, hence the update. The OTA notifications should be popping up starting on Thursday, and while there really isn't anything new or cool being added to your HTC One, well, we guess it is 'sort of'' cool to have your phone enabled to work over more 4G LTE bands, isn't it?
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9801; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Some HTC One users will be disappointed to see it isn't 4.2.2. Nonetheless, more bands = better LTE experience.
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Interesting. My unlocked One that is connected to AT&Ts service is on software number 1.29.1540.17 When I attempt a manual update, I get a dialog box that states the phone is up to date. Is AT&T only releasing the update for their 'captive' phones?
3. ahhxd717 (Posts: 332; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
How would AT&T have the ability to update unlocked phones?
6. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Service is through AT&T, so I would imagine the database of frequencies, etc. would update from AT&T. This is new territory for me however, so I am still figuring things out.
4. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
What LTE bands???!! I'm still getting 2G here in Kansas :(
7. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Sorry, but KS isn't scheduled to get LTE love from AT&T for a while.