A mysterious Samsung SM-G750A smartphone emerges, could be a compact Galaxy S5 version
It is speculated that the SM-G750A could be Samsung's answer to the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact. The latter packs high-end hardware specs in a body, which is a lot more compact than the Sony Xperia Z1.
According to unverified information, the SM-G750A features a 720p display and it's maximum CPU frequency is no more or less than 2.3GHz. This most probably means that the SoC in the device is at least a Snapdragon 800. Of course, the SM-G750A could also be powered by the same Snapdragon 801 MSM8974-AC, which the Galaxy S5 will sport.
Samsung Galaxy S5
source: GalaxyClub.nl (translated) via SamMobile
1. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 199; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
A Galaxy S5 mini with the new Nexus 8 could be my future phone/tablet combination.
2. Astoni (Posts: 440; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
S5 mini with a 801, 16mp and 720p screen would be a killer
3. ihavenoname (Posts: 1327; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
GS5 would actually look pretty neat when shrunken down.
10. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1150; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Would make sense if true. A 720p display would work fine at this size especially if it's being pushed by the 801. Performance could be even faster.
11. Astoni (Posts: 440; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Tbh i would buy it. I wasn't planing to buy a new S phone until note 4, but i could easily get it if it had a 720p display with 801 CPU sock, battery time would be really nice if i underclocked it.
5. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3074; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Its official. It starts finally from today. The epic list of galaxy s5 variants.
15. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
S5 , S5 mini , S5 Neo , S5 Pro , S5 Zoom , S5 Active , S5 Crap , bla bla bla , etc....
7. wando77 (Posts: 268; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
I love phones over 5" but I do think samsung should look at a high end phone with 4.3" screen. Same specs as gs5 but with a 720p screen
9. papss (unregistered)
I think the note 3 and now the L1520 have ruined me for below 5" cells.
with that being said I feel there's a huge group that wants something smaller with these great specs
12. Astoni (Posts: 440; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
It's nice with an easy little phone while working out or out on a trip etc, but big phones usually have better specs and batterytimes so i'll stick with em'
13. papss (unregistered)
Agreed... I remember going from my note 3 to the G2 and it even felt puny lol
14. networkdood (Posts: 6261; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Imagine how small an iPhone Mini would be if Samsung's mini is around 4-4.3 inches...lol
18. edelxander (Posts: 20; Member since: 01 Oct 2013)
come on sammy, reduce the size, maintain the spec. shut up and take my money.