Notification Center

This is our new notification center. Inside, you will find updates on the most important things happening right now.

Notifications

Hmm, push notifications seem to be disabled in your browser. You can enable them from the 'Settings' icon in the URL bar of your browser.

www.phonearena.com

Sony Ericsson Z525 User Reviews Back

Flip Phoneguy posted on Feb 09, 2008, 5:31 PM

Z525a

We had the z525 - screen failed & was replaced under warranty with a new z525a - which to date - has been excellent. ( I refused a re-furbished phone from the 3,000lb gorilla & insisted on a NEW replacement phone.)

I had a genuine Sony candy-bar phone previously (pre-Ericsson) & it was exceptional.

The Z525a is a decent little phone (except for the screen failure), but my new Moto W490 is a really nice upgrade at a bargain price.

Motorola has the flip-phone thing down.

imo

Anonymous posted on Dec 19, 2007, 5:44 PM

3.6

I'm on my 3rd phone and my wife is on her 2nd for for this model. We've both had the white screen problem. Not able to see anything. Now, the phone I just received yesterday keeps turning off when I close the phone. Stay away from the Sony Ericsson Z525a. It's a piece of junk.

Anna posted on Mar 06, 2007, 2:59 PM

Run, Don't Walk from this phone

I am about to have my phone replaced for the FOURTH time in the past year. No signal, dies without reason, has to be rebooted all the time. What a P.O.S.

Shannon posted on Feb 23, 2007, 12:02 AM

I Like It

I really like the Z525a. My husband has motorola, my sister has LG, and my brother has Nokia. Of these, mine has the best features, is easiest to use, and has the fewest glitches. Just remember, no phone will be perfect 100% of the time. I lose signal occasionally(service provider's fault) and my bluetooth won't conect when i have only 1/4 battery life or lower(rarely happens). These are my only complaints and I can live with that.

Cass posted on Jan 10, 2007, 12:14 PM

Good but not great

I have had my z525a since August and I have very few complaints at all. Biggest complaint is the placement of the PTT button (which I understand used to be the camera button). Very poor placement of this button causes it to be hit constantly. There shouldn't be a button there at all.

Second complaint is very minor. The "loop" at the hinge of the phone is the antenna, which normal hand placement while talking will cover, causing some interference in reception. With some conscious consideration of hand placement while talking, you should have no trouble with reception.

Lastly, it is a very fragile feeling phone. It is my first flip phone, however, so it is possible that they all feel this way and I am just not used to it yet.

Usability is very good. Interface didn't take long to learn at all. Perfect size for me (by comparison, the RAZR is just too flat and wide). Anyone looking for a normal flip phone would be happy with the z525.

brewer posted on Dec 03, 2006, 8:43 PM

Excellent Phone

To the first reviewers I would just say: learn to use the phone before complaining and know that network limitations are equal to all phones.
This phone is the best I have ever used and I have used quite a few. The only thing I still wish is that the US operators would learn from their counterparts abroad that are lightyears ahead with allowing you to simply use your SIM card in any phone without having to register the SIM card with a certain IMEI number from the phone.

Z525 posted on Nov 28, 2006, 10:22 PM

noooooo

dont buy this horrible signal, horrible camera, horrible size, horrible shape, horrible everything i hate this i dont understand why its on the market

Whitey posted on Sep 26, 2006, 5:04 PM

3 replacements

We had three of these in a two week period. none of them worked, replaced with a V551 Motorola which has worked fine. The first phone did not even turn on, the second phones speaker did not work and the third phone was locked. Would not even consider a Sony Ericsson phone again.

Carolyn posted on Sep 16, 2006, 12:56 PM

3.6

Not so great

I am now on my 3rd replacement phone for the z525. This phone has bad sound,poor signal, my screen goes blank drops the calls and makes clicking noise while im on it and will not conect with my blue tooth half the time,I'm not the only one with these problems with the phone i know several people with them and have the same trouble. I am buying another phone had all I can take of this one. the only good thing I can say about it is the size of the phone.

Emma posted on Aug 18, 2006, 2:26 AM

emyrose1994

People,

This is really a great phone! It is a must have for any teenager! Comes with many ringtones! And lights up as well! So now do you beleve me that it truly is a great phone? I love my Sony Ericsson Z525a and I am sure that you will enjoy it as well.