Samsung SPH-M510 User Reviews Back

littlepetel posted on Dec 14, 2009, 2:55 PM

No multi-page text messaging?

I love the phone, and I would certainly recommend it to friends. It's intelligently organized, very customisable, intuitive to use, lots of great features. Two faults. First (very minor): Battery life is average at best. Second (surprising from an otherwise fantastic Samsung phone): No multi-page text/SMS messaging?On every other phone I've owned, if I want to sent a message with more than 160 characters, the phone will automatically run the excess characters into a second/third/fourth etc message, and send them for me. I can't see any way to get the M510 to do this, and have had to send separate messages every time it happens. Am I missing something obvious?Otherwise a great phone, and I have no plans to upgrade unless forced to!

Pros

• Great size
  • Great customizable shortcuts
  • Intuitive to use

Cons

• Pretty poor battery life
  • No multi-page texting

Colossus posted on Sep 08, 2009, 1:38 PM

Good Phone

I've had this phone for a solid two years now and I've never had any problems with it. I first bought it because it was the only thing available at the time and planned on replacing it as soon as something better came out, but it wasn't so bad. The screen is great and I've dropped the phone many times with only minor scratches and no real damage. I've filled the memory to close to maximum capacity with no lag. It's been exposed to rain, snow and water dozens of times with no damage. The only negatives I can think of are the camera and the antena location.

Pros

• slim
  • tough
  • long lasting
  • great screen

Cons

• antena location

T posted on Oct 14, 2008, 3:00 PM

M510

I'v had this phone for about a year now and I love it. So far it has been reliable and lasted many drops onto various surfaces. This phone still works after being exosed to rain. The camera isn't all that, but for its size, thats the normal camera. It still hasn't started to lag or slow down and I've been slowly filling the memory. The only bad thing about this phone is the antenna is at the bottom of the phone. I've had a few dropped calls because my hand accidentally covered the antenna. You also have to sometimes flip the phone upside down to get service or send a text message. Overall this is a great phone and i look forward to trying out the new M520.

Pros

• Large Screeen
  • Works well
  • Good storage

Cons

• Antenna

Chris posted on Jul 23, 2008, 1:34 PM

Solid.

Great bang for the buck. Stylish and a full feature set. Camera is weak like all Sprint phones. Signal fluctuates and battery is poor. But in a stylish do it all phone, this is a hit.

The replacement to this model the M520 is a slider but there is no next in line flip option. Sprints 2008 1st half flip phones are not better then this handset.

Dusty posted on Jun 11, 2007, 1:17 PM

Just bought the M10

I just picked up a black M510. The first one I ordered I had to return to sprint telesales because the backlight would not shut off even when the settings were adjusted. I got a new one and it is working better. I like the size and look and feel of the phone. It's small, compact and looks pretty stylish. One thing I don't really like is all the keys are flat and the buttons are very small especially the arrow keys and back button which can get annoying when trying to send a text. The sound quality is ok, I say my old a940 sounded a lot better but it's still fairly clear and crisp. The signal strenth is also just ok, my old a940 was again much better. But I really haven't had a problem with dropped calls but the bars are a little lower in places I am use to compare to my old phone. I do like the sprint themes which will change the way your main menu is layed out. their is no flash on the camera. Overall I like the look of the phone, it's got ok sound, calls don't seem to drop, and I am starting to get use to the flat keys. If your looking for a slick stylish phone, might wanna pick this up. Otherwise there are some better options if you are looking for some more features.