Which smartphone manufacturer was more popular last month at Best Buy, Samsung or Apple?
The results? Apple had 51.14% of the smartphone sales belonging to the two rivals, while Samsung garnered 48.86% of the pie. A daily breakdown of the data shows that there is some reason for Samsung to be hopeful for next month's numbers. Once the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 edge launched in the U.S. around April 10th, Sammy's sales number vis-a-vis Apple's sales really took off and topped its rival for most of the remainder of the month.
What if we broke these Best Buy sales figures down by carrier? Perhaps it is because AT&T once had an exclusive on the iPhone, but Best Buy customers using the nation's second largest carrier favored Apple by a large margin, 66% to 34%. Unlike the overall sales data at the big box retailer, when it came to AT&T, the iPhone managed to hold off the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge during the second half of last month.
Verizon subscribers favored Samsung handsets when they made their new phone purchases at Best Buy last month. Samsung branded smartphones accounted for 52.12% while the remaining 47.88% belonged to Apple and the iPhone. Verizon customers started buying Samsung smartphones in earnest at Best Buy once the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge were released.
Finally, JeeQ Data looked at the market share of various colors for Apple and Samsung smartphones sold at Best Buy last month. Space Gray was on top with 38.86% That color is available for the Apple iPhone 6, Apple iPhone 6 Plus and the Apple iPhone 5s. The White Pearl color option for the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 edge was next with 14.57% of sales. That was followed by the 13.71% share for the Black Sapphire color available for the new Samsung flagships. Gold, a color choice for buyers of the iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 5s, was in fourth place with 10.29%. The charcoal black color option for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Samsung Galaxy S5 rounded out the top five with a 6.57% share.
Posts: 1482; Member since: Sep 30, 2009
posted on May 17, 2015, 4:38 PM 4
Posts: 854; Member since: Jan 13, 2015
posted on May 18, 2015, 2:23 AM 2
Posts: 1168; Member since: May 23, 2013
posted on May 17, 2015, 5:09 PM 12
Posts: 246; Member since: Dec 12, 2013
posted on May 17, 2015, 5:31 PM 1
Posts: 2610; Member since: Jan 25, 2009
posted on May 17, 2015, 7:32 PM 0
Posts: 333; Member since: May 03, 2015
posted on May 17, 2015, 5:10 PM 15
Posts: 3797; Member since: Sep 30, 2009
posted on May 17, 2015, 5:24 PM 11
Posts: 1946; Member since: Feb 15, 2012
posted on May 17, 2015, 7:32 PM 3
Posts: 55; Member since: Feb 10, 2012
posted on May 18, 2015, 1:51 AM 0
Posts: 5192; Member since: Oct 28, 2013
posted on May 18, 2015, 6:59 AM 1
Posts: 73; Member since: Mar 20, 2010
posted on May 18, 2015, 1:22 PM 0
Posts: 1390; Member since: Oct 05, 2014
posted on May 17, 2015, 5:38 PM 6
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):