Surface Pro 4 firmware update improves battery life, brightens screen
Seriously though, Surface Pro 4 users have been complaining about how dark the screen is when it comes out of sleep, and today's update fixes that problem. Brightness settings are also now "refined," and the touch functionality of the tablet has been optimized.
The changelist for the update includes:
- Surface Embedded Controller Firmware (103.1684.256.0) improves battery life during sleep.
- Intel(R) Precise Touch Device (v18.104.22.168) disables touch when cover is closed and improves stability.
- Surface Integration (v22.214.171.124) adjusts system hibernation defaults
- Surface Touch Servicing ML (v1.0.724.0) updates touch functionality.
- Surface System Aggregator Firmware (v103.1610.256.0) resolves screen brightness issues when device comes out of sleep.
- Surface UEFI (v106.1624.768.0) refines brightness settings.
- Surface Touch (v126.96.36.199) optimizes touch functionality.
You can update the Surface Pro 4 by tapping on the Microsoft sourcelinks, which take you to the Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware Page and the Surface and Windows Update page.