Sprint adds additional 3G coverage in Indy for the Super Bowl
Over the last ninety days Sprint has implemented 52 network capacity upgrades in the market and intends to add 46 more enhancements over the next few weeks. These upgrades are aimed at improving the customer’s experience with both voice and data.
Additional, Sprint has added several COWs (Cells on Wheels) in several locations to enhance coverage and support the anticipated stress on the network. According to Sprint’s press release, it has:
- Activated two COWs (Cells on Wheels) outside Lucas Oil Stadium
- Activated two COWs to Super Bowl Village
- Activated one COW at the University of Indianapolis NFC practice facility
- Added capacity to 21 CDMA sites and seven iDEN sites around downtown and surrounding area hotels, including a major capacity upgrade inside the stadium
Posts: 153; Member since: Dec 04, 2011
posted on Jan 19, 2012, 12:47 PM 0
Posts: 345; Member since: Feb 07, 2011
posted on Jan 19, 2012, 1:22 PM 1
Posts: 32; Member since: Jul 19, 2010
posted on Jan 19, 2012, 2:48 PM 1
Posts: 501; Member since: Oct 05, 2011
posted on Jan 19, 2012, 8:08 PM 0
Posts: 71; Member since: Jan 24, 2011
posted on Jan 20, 2012, 12:58 AM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):